It is important, especially when in remote learning, to create an inclusive, engaging and social learning environment. Icebreaker questions can help students get comfortable with each other and set the tone for an enjoyable learning experience. Here are some creative icebreaker questions for students to get to know one another on Zoom:
1. If you could call yourself by any name, what would it be?
2. What motivates you to do your best work?
3. What superpower would you want to have?
4. If you could take a class in anything, what would it be?
5. What place in the world would you most like to visit?
6. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
7. If you could replay any moment in your life, what would it be?
8. If you could give yourself an inspirational nickname, what would it be?
9. What three items would you bring if you were stranded on a deserted island?
10. What do you consider to be the greatest invention of all time?
11. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
12. What animal would you like to have as a pet?
13. If you could master any skill immediately, what would it be?
14. If you could choose any superpower, what would it be?
15. What is the quirkiest thing about you?
16. What is the closest you’ve ever come to doing something dangerous?
17. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
18. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
19. What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
20. If you could travel to any place in the universe, where would you go?