Intro: Talking to your crush can be nerve-wracking, so start off the conversation with a question that gets you a more in-depth response and keeps the conversation going. Here are 20 conversation starters for good conversations with your crush.
1. What was the highlight of your weekend?
Explanation: Asking about their weekend is a great way to find out what they did and also keep the conversation going.
2. What do you like to do in your free time?
Explanation: This will give you insight into their hobbies and interests without asking a direct question.
3. What is one of your favorite movies?
Explanation: Starting a conversation with a movie recommendation will help you two find out if you have shared interests.
4. What was the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
Explanation: This question will show that you are interested in getting to know more about them, and starting a conversation about a great vacation can lead to interesting stories.
5. What would you like to accomplish this year?
Explanation: Asking about goals and ambitions can help you get to know your crush better and show them that you care about more than just what’s happening today.
6. What is your favorite thing about your job?
Explanation: Asking about your crush’s job can show you that you are interested in their career, and can lead to more detailed conversations about the type of work they do.
7. If you could do anything for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Explanation: This conversation starter can create a light-hearted conversation and can get them to open up about their dreams and ambitions.
8. What has been your favorite adventure that you’ve taken recently?
Explanation: Asking about a recent adventure can facilitate a conversation while also allowing you to get to know your crush.
9. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
Explanation: This is a great way to get to know each other better and potentially find common musical interests.
10. What are you passionate about?
Explanation: Getting an idea of what your crush is passionate about can show that you are interested in learning more about who they are.
11. Who is your role model?
Explanation: Asking about role models and heroes can be a great way to learn more about the values and beliefs that your crush holds.
12. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Explanation: Finding out their ambitions for the future can give insight into their character, and it can also show that you care about their future plans.
13. What was the best concert you’ve ever been to?
Explanation: Asking this question can create conversation and give your crush an opportunity to talk about their favorite music or concerts.
14. What book have you recently read that you love?
Explanation: Asking about recent reads can be a great way to explore potential shared interests and kick off a conversation.
15. What was the last adventure you would like to check off your bucket list?
Explanation: Asking this type of question will show that you are interested in learning what kind of activities your crush loves to do.
16. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday?
Explanation: Asking about favorite Sunday routines is a great way to get to know each other better and show interest in the activities that your crush loves.
17. What type of cuisine do you like the best?
Explanation: This can be a great conversation starter about interests and culture, and can also give a good foundation if you both like to cook.
18. What is the best gift that someone has ever given you?
Explanation: This question can get your crush to open up and can be a great conversation starter.
19. What type of music do you like to dance to?
Explanation: If your crush likes to dance, asking them this type of question will allow them to share their favorite songs and give you a chance to learn more about the type of music they enjoy.
20. What is one thing that you want to try that you have never done?
Explanation: This is a great way to find out what kind of activities your crush is interested in, and can also provide potential talking points in the future.