Intro: Having a good conversation with someone you’re interested in can be challenging and finding the right conversation starters can be even harder! Here are twenty ideas to get the conversation rolling.
1. What is something you’re really passionate about? Passionate conversations can be really fun and get you to know each other in an exciting way!
2. What’s your favorite hobby? Talking about the activities you both enjoy can help you bond over common interests.
3. What do you like to do for fun? This is a broad question that can lead to different types of answers and conversations.
4. What did you do last weekend? Ask questions about what they did recently to learn more about their specific interests and lifestyle.
5.What’s something you’ve always wanted to try? Learning what they want to do and offering to join them can be a great conversation starter.
6. What’s your favorite thing about your hometown? Learn something about where they come from and any places they might have traveled to.
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? A great question to understand their bucket list and see if you have any places in common.
8.Tell me about your job. Ask what kind of job they have and what makes it interesting to them.
9. Who are some of the people that impact you most? Find out who they look up to and why they find them inspirational.
10. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten? Dive deeper into a conversation by asking what they learned from this advice and how it has helped them.
11. What’s something that you’ve struggled with? Find out what challenges they have faced and how they overcame them.
12. What’s your favorite thing to do in your spare time? Learn more about what they like to do for fun and what gets them energized.
13. What’s an accomplishment you’re really proud of? Get to know what makes them most proud of what they have achieved.
14. Are there any books that have made an impact on you? Discuss possible books they have read and what they got out of them.
15. What does the perfect day look like? Have a fun conversation about the ideal way to spend their day.
16. What kind of music do you like to listen to? Share music preferences that can open the door to deeper conversations.
17. What’s one thing that recently made you laugh? Ask questions to get to know your date’s sense of humor.
18. What’s something that always inspires you? Open up a conversation about what inspires them and why.
19. Do you like to cook? Talking about different foods can be a great way to connect and learn more about each other.
20. What do you do when you’re feeling down? Understanding how they handle hard times can show you how they take care of themselves.