It can be tricky to come up with topics to talk about with someone through text messaging. Here are 20 weird conversation starters for texting that can help break the ice and get the conversation flowing.
1. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? – This is a fun way to find out what kind of abilities a person would like to have.
2. If you could be a character in any movie, who would it be? – This question gives insight into the movies a person finds interesting and the kinds of characters they relate to.
3. If you could have an unlimited supply of any food, what would it be? – This question can uncover a person’s favorite snack food, as well as any potential food allergies they might have.
4. If you could teleport to any destination, where would it be? – This question can give you an idea of some of the places your conversation buddy would like to travel to.
5. If you could be a professional athlete, what sport would it be? – This question is a great way to learn what kind of sports a person is interested in and which ones they are adept at playing.
6. If you could have a robot that does all the cleaning in your home, what would it be called? – This is a fun and creative way to find out a person’s ideas when it comes to housekeeping robots.
7. If you could have a superpower, and it had pros and cons, what would they be? – This is a great way to start a conversation about the advantages and disadvantages of having an extraordinary power.
8.If you could time-travel back in history and visit any person, who would it be? – This question is a great way to get people to start thinking about some of the great people who lived in the past and what they could learn from them.
9.If you could design a video game, what kind of game would it be? – This conversation starter helps people to start thinking about some exciting game ideas they could come up with.
10. If you could create your own language, what words would it use? – This is a great way to see how creative someone’s mind can be and also get an idea of some of the words they think would be fun to use.
11. If you could sleep in one hour a day, what would you do with the other twenty-three? – This is a great question that can spark some creative ideas for activities a person could do with all the free time they would have with an extra hour a day.
12. If you could eat dinner with any celebrity, who would it be? – This question helps people start thinking about some of the celebrities that impact their everyday life and whose company they would most enjoy.
13. If you could choose any superpower, what costume would you wear? – This is a fun way to describe what kind of outfit a person would choose to wear if they had their own superpower.
14. If you could bring back any extinct animal, what would it be? – This conversation starter is great for anyone interested in preserving the biodiversity of earth and the species that inhabit it.
15. If you could be the mayor of any city in the world, which would you choose? – This is a great way to find out some of the cities a person would be most interested in leading and developing.
16. If you could give yourself a nickname, what would it be? – This question is great for exploring someone’s sense of humor and the kind of nicknames they would give themselves.
17. If you could travel to any planet in the solar system, which would it be? – This is great for someone who is passionate about space exploration and astronomy.
18. If you could be invisible, what kind of mischief would you get up to? – This question is a good way to get someone’s imagination running wild and explores the kind of mischief they could get into with their invisibility.
19. If you could travel the world, where would be your first stop? – This conversation starter explores some of the places a person would like to visit and experience while they travel the world.
20. If you could have a superpower that nobody else had, what would it be? – This question allows people to consider some of the unique abilities they could have if nobody else did and helps them come up with something truly remarkable.