Nestled in the hustle and bustle of the big city lies a wealth of classic, romantic, and unique date ideas for New Yorkers. From the iconic Central Park to a romantic picnic on the High Line or a thrilling helicopter ride above the New York City skyline, these 20 creative and unique date ideas will show your loved one the city’s best kept secrets while creating everlasting memories.
1. Take a cooking class: Put your culinary skills to the test and learn to make delicious meals together at a unique cooking class.
2. Tour the Brooklyn Chocolate Factory: Sample chocolate treats and learn the art of making chocolate at the iconic Brooklyn Chocolate Factory.
3. Visit a rooftop bar: Enjoy the views and the beautiful sunset on a rooftop bar, the perfect backdrop for a romantic night out.
4. Take a hot air balloon ride: Soar high above NYC skyline and get to appreciate the city’s beauty from a different perspective.
5. Go to an opera: See a show at Lincoln Center and take a special date night out to the opera.
6. Visit the Met museum: Explore the beauty of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and have a romantic stroll away from the crowds.
7. Enjoy a cozy dinner for two: Head to trendy restaurants in the East Village or Cobble Hill for a cozy dinner made just for two
8. Take a midnight cruise: Set sail around New York Harbor and take in the twinkle of city lights while enjoying a romantic dinner.
9. Watch outdoor movies: On hot summer nights, enjoy the Manhattan skyline from one of the outdoor movie screenings in parks or rooftops.
10. Take a ferry ride around Manhattan: Enjoy the views of the city from the water and spend some time relaxing with your partner.
11. Go stargazing on the High Line: Watch the stars in the night sky above the High Line and get to experience something special far away from the lights of the city.
12. Explore the Strand Bookstore: Spend the day browsing and finding lost treasures in one of the largest independent bookstores in the world.
13. Have some old-school fun at the arcade: Go back to childhood days with classic arcade and pinball games at Modern Pinball NYC.
14. Take a comedy show tour: Get to know the comedy scene with a comedy show tour and share some laughs with your loved one.
15. Go ice-skating in Central Park: Get your skates on and take a romantic walk around the Wollman Rink in Central Park.
16. Try some unique food trucks: Taste unique flavors at one of the city’s many food trucks, perfect for a casual night out.
17. Tour the NYC subway: Visit New York’s most iconic underground attractions and learn about the city’s history in the process.
18. Take a yoga class: Enjoy a romantic date doing yoga and get to flex those muscles together.
19. Get a couples’ massage: Relax and release together in a peaceful spa and end the date feeling relaxed and recharged.
20. See the Statue of Liberty: Take a ride to Liberty Island and take in the breathtaking view of the iconic monument.