Intro: Conversation starters are a way to introduce an interesting point of view or topic in order to spark a lively discussion. They can be tailored to any interest and provide an opportunity to create useful and meaningful conversations. Here are 20 Topic Conversation Starters to get your conversations stimulating:
1. What’s the best book you’ve read in the last year? – This question can help bring out people’s interests in particular topics and reveal recommendations for great new reads.
2. Are there any current events that you’re following closely? – This conversation starter encourages sharing on current affairs and allows for discussion on how the events impact individuals.
3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? – This question will lead to some hilarious and unexpected stories and can be a great way to break the ice.
4. What do you think is the biggest challenge the world is currently facing? – This is a great way to get people to think critically about the major issues we face today.
5. If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be? – This will help uncover different perspectives that people might have and give people the opportunity to voice what they believe needs to be changed.
6. What new hobby have you been wanting to try? – This is great for those looking to start something new and can help people connect based on similar interests.
7. What’s the most unexpected thing that has ever happened to you? – Find out what unusual experiences someone has had and learn from them.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? – This is a great way to explore different cultures and travel destinations.
9. What do you think is the most important life lesson someone should learn? – Get an understanding of what people value and think is most essential.
10. What type of music do you like to listen to? – Share your favorite genres and tunes and discuss why you like certain artists.
11. What was your most memorable experience growing up? – Revisit a great time and laugh at the funny shared experiences.
12. What is something you are proud of accomplishing? – Allow people to share their successes and offer support for future goals.
13. What do you think is the biggest challenge for the next generation? – A great conversation starter to encourage critical thinking about the young people of tomorrow.
14. What are some of your favorite guilty pleasure activities? – Spice things up and get people to open up about what they love to do outside their norm.
15. What are your thoughts on the state of the environment? – Discuss the importance of promoting healthy ecosystems for future generations.
16. What is something you miss about your childhood? – Reflect on fond memories and discuss the positive aspects of growing up.
17. What are your favorite memories from your last vacation? – This is especially useful if you’re showing someone pictures or talking about travel stories.
18. What is the most interesting thing you have learned this week? – Get people to share some fascinating facts that they stumbled across.
19. What is the best advice you have ever gotten? – This can help people learn from past experiences and works to understand how people think and make decisions.
20. What do you think is the key to happiness in life? – A great way to start a positive and inspiring conversation.