Intro: Starting a conversation can be intimidating – but having a few conversation starters to take the pressure off can make it easier. Here are the top 10 conversation starters to give you a starting point:
1. What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you this week? – A great question to get someone laughing at the humor in their own life and
breaking the ice.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? – Asking them to think of the ideal place they’d love to escape to can open up a deeper conversation.
3. What’s something you’re passionate about? – Finding out what they’re passionate about can quickly help you understand their interests and values.
4. What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year? – This question is perfect for people who love to read and can engage in a conversation about the characters and storylines.
5. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert? – Understanding their social tendencies can quickly tell you a lot about them and give you an idea of how to approach conversation.
6. What’s something interesting you learned today? – Everyone loves to share their knowledge, so it’s a great way to get people talking about something exciting and new.
7. What are your thoughts on the latest news headlines? – Asking someone’s opinion on the latest news can be a great conversation starter and ensure you have current topics to discuss.
8. If you could have any superpower, which one would you choose? – A fun way to get people laughing and letting their imagination run wild.
9. What’s your favorite movie or TV show? – Discussing what they’re currently watching or enjoying can get people comfortable and sharing stories.
10. What hobbies do you enjoy? – Asking what activities they enjoy in their spare time can open up a whole new world of activities to do together or inspire a whole new topic of conversation.