Here are 20 conversation starters for texting:
1. What kind of music do you like? A great conversation starter for someone you want to get to know, music tastes can tell you a lot about a person and what sort of interests they may have.
2. What TV show are you currently following? A great ice breaker to begin a conversation, let you know what sort of genres the other person is interested in.
3. What type of books do you like to read? A great question to help you find out what kind of topics interest the other person and stimulate a meaningful conversation.
4. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done lately? A great question to break the ice and make the conversation more interesting.
5. What was your most memorable vacation? A great question to get the conversation going, learn what sort of places the other person likes to travel to.
6. What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard? A great question to lighten the mood and get to know the other person’s sense of humor.
7. What did you learn from your last job? A great way to understand what the other person values in life, and the work ethic they have.
8. What is your favorite kind of food? An interesting way to find out what sort of cuisines the other person likes, and to start a discussion on favorite restaurants.
9. Who is your closest friend? A great question to learn about the people the other person values, and the relationship they hold with that person.
10. How do you relax after a long day? An interesting way to get to know the other person’s interests in their downtime and to see what activities they do to unwind.
11. Describe your dream job. A great question to explore the passions the other person has and the career they have envisioned for themselves.
12. How do you take your coffee? A great question to make light conversation, and to give you an insight into the other person’s dietary preferences.
13. What language would you like to learn next? A great question to find out what sort of interests the other person has and what languages they may be learning.
14. What’s the last movie you watched? An interesting way to start a conversation about the various types of movies the other person likes and why.
15. What’s your favorite childhood memory? A great way to understand more about the other person’s past, the kind of people and things they enjoyed when they were younger.
16. What would you do if you had a million dollars? A fun question to have a bit of fun with, and to get to know the other person’s dreams and ambitions.
17. What’s your favorite type of outdoor activity? A great way to introduce the other person to new activities and to get them thinking about the things they like doing.
18. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? A great question to get to know the places the other person would love to explore and the cultures they would like to learn about.
19. What’s the best advice you ever received? A great question to stimulate a meaningful conversation, and to understand more about the life lessons the other person has learned.
20. What would you do if you could have one wish? A great conversation starter to open the conversation up to a range of possibilities, and what the other person values the most.