Table Conversation Starters are a great way to get conversations going! These conversation starters are vital to help break the ice and get the conversation flowing between people who may not know each other. Here are 20 ideas of Table Conversation Starters.
1. What was your favorite activity you did over the summer? Short Explanation: This is a great way to lead into a discussion about summer plans and events.
2. What did you enjoy doing in your free time when you were a kid? Short Explanation: This is an interesting question to ask and will give insight into those who answer.
3. What has been the most interesting place you’ve ever traveled to? Short Explanation: Asking this question takes people to their most interesting places and their experiences there.
4. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be? Short Explanation: This question can spark a humorous conversation because everyone has different perceptions of the definition of a superpower.
5. What hobby is on your bucket list? Short Explanation: Encourages people to think about all of the things that they have yet to do and explore.
6. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? Short Explanation: An interesting question to hear from others and allows room for advice to be heard from all.
7. What did you learn from your last job? Short Explanation: A great way to learn from others and the experiences that have been had previously.
8. What would you do if you had an extra hour of free time in the day? Short Explanation: Everyone’s got a unique view and direction with where this extra hour of time could be used.
9. How do you take your coffee/tea? Short Explanation: A casual question that leads to people talking about their preferences and relatable discussions.
10. What was your favorite cartoon or TV show growing up? Short Explanation: Leads to nostalgic memories and allows people to connect with one another on a fun subject.
11. If you could invent a new holiday, what would it be? Short Explanation: A creative question to let the conversation flow with a bit of banter and humor.
12. What did you think your life would be like at this stage as a kid? Short Explanation: An intriguing question to see how life has gone in comparison to what was imagined.
13. What would your last meal be? Short Explanation: A great thought-provoking question to spark discussion about food.
14. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Short Explanation: Allows for a bit of comedic elements in the conversation as well as different opinions.
15. If you could have dinner with any famous person, alive or dead, who would it be? Short Explanation: A conversation opener to discover who others would like to have dinner with and why.
16. What’s the funniest thing that has ever happened to you? Short Explanation: This question will conjure up smiles and laughter and encourages people to share humorous moments from their lives.
17. What was your childhood dream job? Short Explanation: An interesting avenue to discover where people thought their life would take them in the past.
18. What language would you most like to learn? Short Explanation: This can be a fun conversation starter to see what language others would like to learn and the reasons why.
19. What unique activity have you tried in your area? Short Explanation: An exciting conversation starter that will provide insight into interesting adventures in the area.
20. If you could teleport anywhere, where would you go? Short Explanation: A whimsical question to explore people’s wildest dreams and ambitions.