Intro: On date nights or special occasions, romantic conversation starters can help to keep the conversation between you and your significant other enjoyable and meaningful. Here are 20 conversation starters to get you started.
1. What does true love mean to you? – Going beyond simple romantic attraction and infatuation, true love involves a deep emotional connection with your partner that is built on the foundations of trust, loyalty, understanding and communication.
2. If you could travel anywhere together, where would you like to go? – Discussing dream travel destinations with your significant other is a great way to get to know their interests and get some serious wanderlust inspiration.
3. What’s the best thing that happened to you today? – This can be a sweet and simple way to exchange a little bit of happiness and stay connected on the everyday things going on in each other’s lives.
4. What would you like me to do more or less of? – You may already have open communication, but this heartfelt question can bring you closer by showing that you’re listening to and care about your partner’s needs and desires.
5. What are you most proud of yourself for this week? – It can be easy to get overwhelmed by our day-to-day tasks, so take a moment to step back and be proud of yourselves for all the accomplishments you’ve made this week.
6. Do you remember the first time we met? – Reminiscing about the moment you two first met can bring forth some of the best memories you have of when your relationship first began.
7. If you could accomplish one thing during our relationship, what would it be? – Sharing a bigger goal that you can work towards with your significant other is a great way to build a shared future together.
8. What would you do differently in our relationship if you had a second chance? – It is important to grow together, so being open to reflecting and growing as a couple is key.
9.What would you change about yourself if you could? – This is a chance to support your partner in self-acceptance and reflection on areas of personal improvement.
10. What do you think makes our relationship unique? – Being able to identify and appreciate differences in your relationship is a great way of building a strong bond with your significant other.
11. How can I make you laugh today? – Nothing like a good laugh to lighten the mood and show your partner that you care about what makes them happy.
12. Do you have any pet peeves that I should know about? – We all have things that bug us, so being open about it and understanding each other’s perspective is a must.
13. Are there any activities that remind you of the happiest times in our relationship? – Reflecting on the good times is a great way to have a romantic conversation and make some new romantic memories.
14. If there was one thing you could tell me about yourself that I don’t know yet, what would it be? – This is a great way to learn more about each other and appreciate the depths of one another’s personality.
15. What is the sweetest thing I’ve ever said to you? – Reminiscing on the kind words that you shared with each other can remind you why the love you share won’t ever fade.
16. What are your hopes and dreams for us? – Encouraging your partner to think about their hopes and dreams for the future shows that you want to be part of those dreams together.
17. What’s something that I do that make you feel really special? – Doing something as simple as this can open up a conversation about the special moments you’ve shared with each other.
18. If you could have a superpower, what would it be? – Showing your sense of adventure and creativity through this whimsical question will make your partner think and lead to an interesting conversation.
19. What is the most challenging part of being in a relationship with me? – This is a good opportunity to find out what your partner feels is hard to handle in the relationship, and how it makes them feel inside.
20. What would you do if you had a day to do whatever you wanted? – It can be fun to think about a day unencumbered by obligations and responsibilities, so dream up the most fun, wild and interesting scenario you can think of.