Introduction: Conversation starters can be a great way to get to know someone better and get the conversation going in any setting. Here are 20 random questions to help start your conversations.
1. What’s your favorite movie and why? – This is a classic conversation starter that can lead to more questions about movies and why someone has a favorite.
2. What is the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon? – This question can help spark conversation with different hobbies, activities, and preferences that may be shared or varied.
3. Who is your role model? – Asking this question can help you get to know the person’s values and the people and things that influence them the most.
4. What is the most interesting book you have read recently and why?- Reading preferences can be a great way to talk about similar interests.
5. What is your favorite fruit and why? – This question can lead to discussion of someone’s dietary choices.
6. What was the best vacation spot you have visited so far? – This can lead to travel stories and cultural experiences the other person has shared, or even a discussion of places to go next.
7. If you could choose, who would you like to have dinner with (past or present)? – This question can open up conversations about admiration of people and can be insightful as to what makes that person admirable.
8. What makes you laugh? – This question encourages people to talk about what brings them joy and can lighten the conversation.
9. What type of music do you like? – Music preferences are a great way to find what someone has in common.
10. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? – This can help discover the methods someone uses to approach life and the values they live by.
11. What was the best part of your last vacation? – This can help reminisce on a shared or individual experience.
12. What occupation would you choose if you could? – It can be interesting to find out the dream job of the other person.
13. What significant event has really impacted you in your life? – This can make you get more insight to the other person’s values and morals.
14. What do you do to relax and unwind? – People’s time outside of their everyday duties can be intriguing and provide new ideas of activities.
15.If you owned a business, what kind of business would it be? – It can be fun to learn what someone would want to provide or create if given the change.
16. What is your favorite type of cuisine and why? – A popular conversation starter is food and it can be a great way to find out what type of restaurant would be ideal for the next outing.
17. What is your favorite season and why? – Discussion of seasons can mean fond memories of activities or events and can help to get a better view of that person.
18. What is one goal in your life you are proud of? – Talking about goals and accomplishments can be a great form of encouragement as well as be proud of achievements.
19. Which country would you like to explore the most if you had the opportunity? – This topic can open up dreams of travel and the destinations each person longs to visit the most.
20. What outdoor activities do you enjoy the most? – This can be a great way to learn what the other person likes to do in the warm or cold weather.