Introduction: Here are 20 conversation starters to help you start a conversation with kids.
1. What’s the best thing you’ve done today? This is a great way to find out something positive the child has done and will likely spark some interesting conversation.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? This is a great conversation starter because it allows kids to open up about their aspirations and dreams.
3. If you could pick one superpower, what would it be? This is a fun way to get kids to use their imaginations and talk about what they would do if they had a superpower.
4. What’s your favorite thing about school? This question allows the child to open up about the things they enjoy about school.
5. What would you do if money wasn’t an issue? This allows kids to think outside the box and talk about what else they would do with their time and money if money wasn’t an obstacle.
6. What’s the best book you ever read? This is a great way to find out what kind of books they are interested in and might help encourage a love of reading.
7. What’s your favorite subject in school and why? This is a great way to get kids talking about the school subjects they enjoy the most and why.
8. What’s the silliest thing you ever did out of boredom? This is a great way to get kids to open up and share stories about what they’ve been up to!
9. If you could only take 3 things with you to an island, what would they be? This question allows kids to be creative and think about the practical items they would need in an emergency.
10. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be? This is a great way to get kids to talk about their role models.
11. If you could invent a new game what would it be? This is a great way to get kids to use their imagination and come up with creative and original ideas.
12. What would be the perfect day for you? This is a great way to get kids to think about what they would do with the perfect day.
13. What’s the best thing you’ve ever created with your hands? This is a great way to get kids to talk about the projects and crafts they have enjoyed making.
14. What do you like to do for fun? This question encourages kids to discuss their hobbies and interests.
15. What would you do if you had an extra hour each day? This allows kids to think about how they would spend an extra hour in their day and what they would accomplish.
16. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? This question will get kids thinking about the different, exciting places they could go and see.
17. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? This is a great way to get kids to think about how different animals act and behave.
18. What makes you laugh the most? This is a great way to get kids to talk about what makes them laugh and share humorous stories.
19. What would you do if you could hang out with your favorite TV character? This allows kids to indulge in their imaginations and think of all the things they can do with their favorite characters.
20. If you could have three wishes, what would they be? This is a great way to get kids to think about their deepest desires and wishes for themselves and their loved ones.