Intro: Texting someone new or just someone you haven’t talked to in a while can be intimidating. To help break the ice, here are some ideas for conversation starters over text!
1. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had? – Asking about someone’s weird dreams can provide some good insight into how their mind works, and who know what funny stories it might lead to.
2. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? – This is a fun way to find out what someone’s fantasy superpower would be, and to explore the different kinds of powers out there!
3. If you could take a spontaneous trip right now, where would you go? – This is a fun way to explore someone’s dream vacation destinations and get a better understanding of their interests.
4. Have you seen any good movies, TV shows, or books lately? – Asking about their current media intake can be a great way to get a conversation started, as well as learn more about them.
5. What did you do this weekend? – This is a great way to find out what someone has been up to and how they spent their weekend.
6. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – This can be a great conversation starter, as it’s interesting to hear what advice people find valuable, and why.
7. Is there any topic you’ve always wanted to learn more about? – This is a great way to start a conversation and to explore their curiosities and interests.
8. What would you do if you won the lottery? – This is a fun way to explore someone’s hypothetical life and what they would do if they had an unlimited amount of money.
9. What do you like best about your job? – This is a great way to get a conversation going and to get to know more about someone’s professional life.
10. If you could master any skill, what would it be? – This is a fun way to learn more about someone’s interests and to get a better understanding of what skills they think would be valuable.
11. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure? – Asking about someone’s guilty pleasures can be a good way to get to talk about their favorite activities and things they enjoy.
12. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? – This is a great conversation starter and can lead to some hilarious stories!
13. Do you have any pet peeves? – This is a great way to get to know someone’s internal workings and to find out what kinds of things really annoy them!
14. What’s one thing you’d really like to do someday? – This is a great way to find out what kind of dreams and aspirations someone has, and it can be a great way to bond.
15. What was the best trip you’ve ever taken? – Asking about the best trip someone’s ever taken can make for a great conversation starter and give you a better idea of the places and experiences they enjoy.
16. What’s the funniest joke you know? – Asking someone to tell you a funny joke can be a great way to both make them laugh and get a conversation going.
17. What do you like to do in your free time? – Asking someone what they like to do in their spare time can be a great way to get to know their interests and passions.
18. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read this week? – This is a great way to both get a conversation going and to find out what kinds of topics someone is interested in.
19. What are you currently obsessed with? – This is a great way to find out more about someone’s current interests and obsessions.
20. What do you like to do to relax? – Asking someone about their best methods of relaxation can provide good insight into how they unwind, and it might lead to some interesting stories.