Introduction: Whether you’ve been married for decades, or you’re just starting to connect with your partner, these conversation starters can help keep the dialogue going and your relationship growing.
1. What was your most embarrassing moment? This one is great for getting to know your partner better and can lead to some hilarious conversations.
2. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done? This can be a fun conversation starter to explore what kinds of risks your partner is comfortable taking.
3. What do you wish you could have or experience in life? Talking about mutual goals and dreams is a great way to connect with your partner on a deeper level.
4. What do you miss most about your childhood? Explore what your partner remembers from their childhood and reflect on any shared experiences you may have had.
5. What’s the most important life lesson you’ve learned? By discussing the lessons we’ve learned, we can both gain more insight into each other.
6. What do you think will be the biggest challenge in our relationship? It’s important to talk about the issues that you may face in your relationship in order to get ahead of them.
7. What was the best moment in our relationship so far? Reflecting on the positive moments in the relationship can help to create a space of appreciation and respect.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Talking about potential future plans can be a fun way to explore different possibilities together.
9. What are three words you would use to describe me? This can create a space to discuss what your partner values about you and appreciate your individual qualities.
10. If you could do anything for a day with no consequences, what would it be? Here is a great opportunity to explore your partner’s wildest dreams – it may even give you new ideas for date nights.
11. What was one of your best unplanned moments this year? Discussing these kinds of moments can be a great reminder to look out for the unexpected joys that come with living in the moment.
12. What do you like most about yourself? By referencing positive qualities that your partner values and admires, it can help to boost their self-esteem and increase your mutual support.
13. What are three things that make you feel most alive? Connecting with what makes your partner come alive is essential to living a meaningful life together.
14. What other relationships do you think are important to our relationship? Discussing the qualities of successful relationships and how they manifest with your partner can help you thrive together.
15. What did you learn from your parents? Taking time to discuss the lessons that your parents taught you can be a great way to understand one another’s values and background.
16. What would you do if you had a million dollars? This conversation starter can bring about some fun and creative ideas for what you could do with a lot of money.
17. What should we have learned in school that we weren’t taught? This conversation starter can help spark some innovative and creative conversations.
18. What is one thing you wish people would understand about you? This conversation can be a great way to express yourself and deepen your understanding of one another.
19. When was the last time you laughed out loud? Referencing happy memories can help keep positive energy in the relationship.
20. How do you want to be remembered? This is one of the most important conversations that you can have. Taking the time to reflect on how your partner wants to be remembered is invaluable.