Michael Crichton was an American author, film producer and director who wrote some of the most popular science fiction novels of all time. His books have sold over 200 million copies worldwide, making him one of the best-selling authors of all time. His books often explore themes of technology, science and nature, and have been adapted into numerous films and television series. Here is a list of Michael Crichton books in order:
1. The Andromeda Strain (1969): The Andromeda Strain is a science fiction novel about a group of scientists who investigate a deadly extraterrestrial microorganism that has suddenly appeared on Earth. It is considered one of Crichton’s best and most popular works.
2. The Terminal Man (1972): The Terminal Man is a science fiction novel about a man suffering from a brain disorder who is subjected to experimental computerized treatments. It is considered a classic in the field of medical thrillers.
3. The Great Train Robbery (1975): The Great Train Robbery is a historical fiction novel about a group of British criminals who plan and execute an ambitious train robbery in Victorian England.
4. Congo (1980): Congo is a science fiction novel about a group of explorers who venture into the jungles of Africa to search for a rare diamond. The novel was adapted into a film in 1995.
5. Jurassic Park (1990): Jurassic Park is a science fiction novel about a group of scientists who develop a theme park populated by genetically engineered dinosaurs. It was adapted into a major motion picture in 1993.
6. Rising Sun (1992): Rising Sun is a crime fiction novel about a murder investigation set in Los Angeles and Tokyo. It was adapted into a film in 1993.
7. Disclosure (1994): Disclosure is a science fiction novel about a male executive who is accused of sexual harassment by a female colleague. The novel was adapted into a film in 1995.
8. Airframe (1996): Airframe is a thriller novel about an investigation into a mid-air disaster aboard a commercial airliner.
9. Timeline (1999): Timeline is a science fiction novel about a group of scientists who travel back in time to the Middle Ages. It was adapted into a film in 2003.
10. Prey (2002): Prey is a science fiction novel about a group of scientists who investigate a new nanotechnology that has gone awry. It was adapted into a film in 2007.