Introducing Memorial Day icebreaker questions is a great way to remember, reflect and honor veterans and those currently serving in the military. Here are 20 creative questions to help break the ice at Memorial Day events:
1. What does today’s holiday, Memorial Day, mean to you?
2. What is your favorite memory from a Memorial Day event?
3. How did you first learn about the history of Memorial Day?
4. Who is a veteran in your life that you wish to honor?
5. Do you have any family members who are currently serving in the military?
6. How can we show appreciation for our veterans?
7. Do you know anyone who served in a war?
8. What is one military value that you respect?
9. Are there any song, poem, or movie that resonates with you on Memorial Day?
10. In what ways do you observe Memorial Day?
11. Do you have any stories or memories that you would like to share about Memorial Day?
12. What do you believe is the best way to show respect for fallen service members?
13. Are there any historic monuments or war memorials that you have visited?
14. What is your favorite part of attending a Memorial Day event?
15. What do you think is the most important thing to remember on Memorial Day?
16. What is a meaningful way to plan a Memorial Day event?
17. How can we help ensure that we never forget the sacrifices our military members have made?
18. How could we as a community better support our veterans?
19. What is the most inspiring thing you have heard about a member of the armed forces?
20. What can we all do to ensure future generations understand the meaning behind Memorial Day?