Intro: Let’s Talk Conversation Starters offer an easy and relaxed way to break the ice and spark interesting and engaging conversations. Here are 20 ideas to get the dialogue flowing.
1. Who do you admire most in your life and why? – This is a great starter topic to reflect on what or who has been most meaningful in your life and can reveal insights into each other’s values.
2. What’s the best book you’ve read recently? – This can lead to great discussions about storylines, characters, and even the moral of certain books.
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of? – Taking a few moments to reflect on and acknowledge achievements can spark feelings of confidence, gratitude, and appreciation.
4. If you had to pick one superpower, what would it be? – A fun question to spark some creative responses and demonstrate how wacky and wild people can be.
5. What was your favourite moment from today? – A great prompt to finish the day off on a positive note and recognize all of the fulfilling moments from the day.
6. What would you do differently if you could go back in time? – A good chance for people to look back on decisions and assess how they could have taken different approaches or reacted differently.
7. What would your ideal weekend look like? – A chance to dream, plan short-term goals, and think of places to visit, people to reach out too, and activities to engage in.
8. Do you have any fears or anxieties that you would like to overcome? – An important question to open up and raise awareness of any mental or emotional blockages that might need some attention.
9. What was the last dream or goal you achieved? – A feel-good prompt to reflect on and acknowledge accomplishments, however big or small.
10. What do you love most about yourself? – A chance to showcase self-love by sharing the things about yourself that you appreciate and admire.
11. Is there something you wished more people knew about you? – A good conversation starter to have people open up more about themselves and share interesting qualities.
12. What qualities do you appreciate in people? – A good conversation starter to have an in-depth discussion about the internal and external qualities which people possess.
13. What country would you love to visit and why? – A great way to think out-of-the-box and add places to the bucket list.
14. Is there something you wish you were better at? – A great opportunity to explore different skills that can be explored and worked on.
15. Who was the most influential teacher or mentor you ever had? – A chance to reflect on the people who had a direct or indirect impact on life’s journey.
16. What would be the perfect gift to receive? – A sweet prompt to think of the most meaningful gifts and recognize the power of thoughtfulness.
17. Do you have any current worries or concerns? – An important prompt to express anxieties, rationalize anxieties, and release any kinds of worries.
18. What was the most rewarding experience of the past week? – An uplifting prompt to observe the small and big moments that made the week worthwhile.
19. What would be the perfect creative outlet for yourself? – A great prompt to think of different hobbies and outlets to express creativity.
20. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? – Another fun prompt to think outside of the box and have some imaginative conversations.