Introduction: Parents and daughters often have a special bond. A meaningful and open dialogue will be the foundation of creating a trusting relationship. Here are twenty conversation starters that dads and daughters can use to tackle everyday topics with ease.
1. What new tricks have you taught your pet? – This is a fun way of talking about the daughter’s pet and provides a fun, lighthearted conversation.
2. What is the best thing about being a kid? -This conversation starter can lead to meaningful conversation about the daughter’s perspective on growing up.
3. What do you enjoy most about school? – This conversation starter allows the daughter to talk about her interests and experiences in school.
4. What do you hope to accomplish in the next few years? – This conversation starter can generate an insightful conversation about the daughter’s academic, personal and career goals.
5. What is your favorite family tradition? – This is a great way to start a conversation about the importance of family and reconnecting over shared memories.
6. What is the most important thing you’ve learned this year? -This is a great way to talk about the daughter’s growth over the past year and the knowledge they’ve gained.
7. What was the last book you read? – This can serve as an opportunity to discuss what the daughter has been reading and tap into her interests.
8. What topics have you been brainstorming for your next project or assignment? – This conversation starter allows for honest dialogue about any potential work that the daughter may have in the future and the ideas that she has come up with.
9. What was your favorite activity this summer? – This conversation starter provides a way of reflecting on the daughter’s summer and what made it fun and memorable.
10. What obstacles have you faced lately? – This conversation starter can prompt a discussion between the dad and daughter on how to tackle adversity and how to foster resilience.
11. What TV show, podcast or movie have you loved lately?- This conversation starter is a great way to get talking about the daughter’s media consumption and any stories or topics that have caught her attention.
12. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done recently? – This conversation starter can help the daughter open up about any exciting new experiences or stories of bravery or adventure.
13. What do you think are the biggest problems the world is facing?- This conversation starter can generate a meaningful conversation about the daughter’s opinion and the global issues we’re facing.
14. What is the best and worst part of social media? – This conversation starter is perfect for discussing the daughter’s relationship with online platforms, as it allows her to think critically about the implications on her life.
15. What do you think has been your most significant accomplishment this year?- This conversation starter can help the daughter reflect on any successes and progress that made been made in the past year.
16. What has been your biggest challenge with online learning? – This conversation starter can help the daughter open up about any struggles she’s been having with the transition to online learning.
17. What was the last adventure you went on? – This conversation starter is a great way for the daughter to share any stories or experiences from her most recent outing and to talk about her passions.
18. If you could change just one thing about the world, what would it be? – This conversation starter provides an opportunity to think critically about global issues and what steps could be taken to resolve them.
19. How have you been staying connected with your friends under lockdown? – This conversation starter can provide insight on how the daughter has been staying connected with her peers, especially during the pandemic.
20. What’s the nicest thing someone has done for you recently? – This conversation starter allows the daughter to reflect on any kind gestures she has received, bringing a sense of appreciation and optimism to the conversation.