It’s often hard to start conversations among members of a team. Icebreaker questions can be a great way to start a conversation, increase understanding, and foster an environment where everyone feels valued and heard. Here are 20 creative icebreaker questions you can use to help your team get talking and become closer:
1. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
2. What would be the best way to spend a day off from work?
3. What words of encouragement do you live by?
4. If you could pick three things you admire about your team, what would they be?
5. What do you hope to get out of this team-building exercise?
6. Who or what motivates you most?
7. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
8. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite hobby?
10. What is one thing you are really proud of accomplishing?
11. What is something your team doesn’t know about you?
12. If you had an unlimited budget and time, what project would you choose?
13. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
14. If you could have a superpower just for one day, what would it be?
15. What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not working?
16. What three items would you take on a desert island?
17. Who or what inspires you most?
18. What are some of your favorite movies or TV shows?
19. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
20. What do you wish other people knew about you?