Introduction: Starting a new semester, or even a school year can often be uncomfortable and awkward, especially when it comes to meeting lots of new people from all around the world! Here is a collection of some interesting icebreaker questions for international students to help break the ice!
1. What is one word to describe the country where you are from?
2. What is the most exciting thing about being an international student?
3. What is your favorite food dish specific to your home culture?
4. Share a unique fact about the language of your origin country.
5. What country have you most enjoyed visiting and why?
6. What items have you brought with you to remind you of your home culture?
7. Share a traditional activity that you miss most from your home culture?
8. What is one thing you wish you could explore more of before reaching your destination?
9. What is one thing you would like to learn from another culture?
10. What is something that most surprises you about being an international student?
11. What do you think are the most common misconceptions about the culture of your origin country?
12. How has traveling as an international student changed or impacted your life?
13. What is a specific memory you have from traveling around the world?
14. What is one thing that you love about your host country or host city?
15. What food item did you find quite different from what you expected by visiting your host country or city?
16. What local attractions have you visited since becoming an international student?
17. If you could create a “mini-world tour,” where would you visit, and why?
18. Share a unique experience you had when you first arrived in your host country or city.
19. What is a funny misunderstanding you have had while being an international student?
20. What have you found to be the best way to learn about a different culture?