Introduction: Icebreakers can be a great way to get a family to start talking and break the ice in family therapy. Here are some creative icebreaker questions for family therapy sessions.
1. What is the biggest dream that your family has achieved together?
2. What are some of the funniest memories you share as a family?
3. When was the last time your family was completely united?
4. What do you like most about each other?
5. What are your family’s core values?
6. When was the last time you did something together as a family?
7. Does anyone remember embarrassing moments from the past and how did you handle them?
8. What would you say is the most difficult thing you’ve ever had to face as a family?
9. What are some of the things you love to do together as a family?
10. Do you remember any special moments of bonding as a family?
11. How do you handle disagreements as a family?
12. Did you ever have any success stories as a family?
13. What would you say is the one thing that your family is best at together?
14. How do you show support to each other when needed?
15. Do you have any family rituals or traditions?
16. What was the last time that your family felt overwhelmed by something?
17. What can each person in the family bring to help make it stronger?
18. What would you say have been your family’s biggest challenges and how did you overcome them?
19. Do you have any challenges or goals that your family is currently working on?
20. How can your family come together to achieve common goals?