Welcome to the Anger Management Group! We hope you find this a great opportunity to learn and connect with others. To get to know each other better, let’s review these icebreaker questions.
1. What calms you down when you’re feeling angry?
2. When was the last time that you felt so angry you couldn’t control your behavior?
3. What do you find yourself getting angry about most often?
4. What strategies do you use to manage and/or express your anger in positive ways?
5. Do you have any tips for managing your anger that you’d like to share?
6. How do you know you’re on the verge of losing control of your emotions?
7. What happened in the situation that made you lose control?
8. How do you feel after you’ve expressed your anger?
9. Are there any emotions that can be as difficult to manage as anger?
10. What do you think is the root cause of your anger?
11. How do you think your anger has impacted your relationships?
12. What do you do when you’re feeling overwhelmed with anger?
13. Do you think it’s possible to prevent anger from escalating?
14. What do you think other people do that makes you the most angry?
15. Do you think it’s better to avoid or confront anger?
16. Do you think it’s possible to have constructive conversations about difficult topics, even if you may disagree?
17. What would be an example of healthy ways to express your anger?
18. What do you do if you find yourself getting overly heated in a conversation?
19. What techniques do you use to manage stress, which can often lead to anger?
20. How do you avoid holding on to resentment, which can cause further anger?