1. If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go?
This is a great conversation starter for getting to know someone’s interests, whether they are travel-oriented or have a particular place they’d like to explore.
2. What’s the best lesson you ever learned from your parents?
This conversation starter will get people talking about the values they have been taught and which are important to them.
3. What are you passionate about?
This is a great conversation starter to find out what gets someone excited and motivated and what kind of goals and ambitions they have.
4. What never fails to make you laugh?
Humor is often an intimate way of connecting with people and it can be a great way of starting up a conversation.
5. If you could any job in the world, what would it be?
This will give insight into what someone’s biggest dreams and aspirations are.
6. What’s your most treasured memory?
This will give insight into the things and people who have had the biggest impact on someone’s life and what they cherish most.
7. Do you have a favorite author?
This is a great conversation starter to find out what literature someone loves and which stories have left a mark on them.
8. What kinds of things get you out of your comfort zone?
A great conversation starter for people who are looking for something new or daring.
9. If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be?
This will get people to expand on their knowledge of history and talk about the remarkable people who have left a mark on the world.
10. What kind of music do you listen to?
This is a great conversation starter for people who love music or for getting someone to talk about the memories they associate with certain genres of songs.
11. If you could master any skill, what would it be?
A great conversation starter to get to know someone’s passions and hobbies and which skills they’d like to acquire.
12. If money was no object, how would you spend your life?
A great conversation starter that reveals people’s ambitions and dreams.
13. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
A great conversation starter that reveals who holds a special place in someone’s life and who they look up to.
14. What was your favorite thing about your last job?
This conversation starter will give insight into what skills and tasks someone enjoys taking on and what their day-to-day looks like.
15. What do you think makes a good relationship?
This conversation starter will get people to reveal what is important to them in a relationship.
16. What embarrassing thing happened to you recently?
A great conversation starter for people who have a good sense of humor and appreciate comical happenings.
17. What superpower would you like to have?
This is a great conversation starter to find out what people’s fantasies are and how they view the world.
18. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A great conversation starter to find out what wise advice someone remembers and which has stayed with them all their life.
19. What do you want to learn?
This is a great conversation starter to find out what interests and passions someone has and what they want to pursue in life.
20. What are you most proud of?
A great conversation starter to get to know what kind of accomplishments and goals someone has achieved so far and what they are most proud of.