Introduction: Group therapy sessions can be uncomfortable when it comes to breaking the ice and getting to know each other, so here are some creative icebreaker questions to help encourage conversation and connection among members.
1) What experience(s) have you had in the past with group therapy?
2) What does a typical day look like for you?
3) If you could travel anywhere for free, where would you go?
4) What is something that always makes you laugh?
5) What is a safety practice you use in difficult situations?
6) What is a unique hobby that you have?
7) What would you say is the best part about yourself?
8) What is something you are proud to have accomplished?
9) What is your favorite book and why?
10) If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
11) What is a favorite memory that you cherish?
12) What can you do to comfort yourself during difficult times?
13) Who is a role model that has influenced you in your life?
14) What is a skill that you have that helps you in difficult moments?
15) What do you usually do to relax and destress?
16) What is a favorite movie that you watch to cheer yourself up?
17) What is something that makes you feel grateful?
18) What are three things that make you feel good?
19) What is something that you do that brings you joy and why?
20) If you could pick one person to spend a day with, who would it be and what would you do?