Introduction: Group Chat Conversation Starters can be a great way to get your conversations flowing and make your chatroom more engaging and fun. Below are 20 ideas to help you get started.
1) What is something small that you are grateful for today? This question can get people to think about the simple and often overlooked things in life that we can be thankful for.
2) What is your fondest memory from childhood? Talking about childhood memories can bring about light-hearted and nostalgic conversations amongst your group.
3) What movie would you recommend for those in the group? Asking for movie recommendations encourages everyone to share what genres of movies they prefer and explain why they think a movie would be great for others to watch.
4) What are three words you would use to describe yourself? This question encourages people to think about the qualities that make them unique and share them in the chatroom.
5) What hobby would you like to start at some point in the near future? Talking about hobbies encourages people to explore their interests and open up to others on the chatroom.
6) What TV show is your guilty pleasure? People can share which TV shows they enjoy watching and why they choose to keep their viewing a secret.
7) If you could have dinner with anyone living or dead, who would it be and why? This conversation starter can lead to interesting conversations around historical figures or personal heroes.
8) What unique skill do you possess? People can share their skills in a more light-hearted way than talking about strengths and weaknesses.
9) What is one new food you have tried recently? Exploring new food can be a fun group activity as people can share their experiences and favorites.
10) What is the last book you read? People can compare books they have read and discuss which genres they prefer.
11) What is one thing you would like to learn? Giving people the chance to talk about their desired skills or knowledge can motivate them to take action in the near future.
12) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? This conversation starter can lead to people talking about their travel aspirations and discussing interesting places they’d like to visit.
13) What is one hobby you wish you had more time to do? People can share their hobbies as an activity that they’d like to commit to in the future.
14) If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? This conversation starter can lead to intriguing conversations around people’s desires to use their power for good, or to create mischief!
15) What is one household chore you absolutely dread? Talking about household chores can lead to conversations around how people handle chores in their own home.
16) What is your favorite thing to do on a weekend? Discussing weekend plans can spark meaningful conversations amongst the group.
17) What is a cause you are passionate about? Talking about causes can be a way for people in the group to connect on important social topics.
18) If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why? This conversation starter can lead to discussion around career aspirations or influential figures.
19) What is a dream job you would like to have? Sharing dream jobs leads to inspiring conversations around people’s professional dreams.
20) What advice would you give to your younger self? People can reflect on the past and think of advice they wished they had known when they were younger.