Intro: Texting is an increasingly popular form of communication. It allows you to easily stay in touch with friends and family, but conversation can sometimes be a challenge. Here are 20 conversation starters to help you get the conversation flowing!
1. “What are you up to?” – This is a great way to start the conversation and get the basic facts out of the way. It gives the other person the opportunity to tell you what they’re doing and open up more conversation topics.
2. “What have you been reading/watching/listening to lately?” – This allows people to share their newest interests, thoughts and opinions. It could create a great conversation starter as they discuss their favorite books, TV shows, and musicians.
3. “What exciting plans do you have coming up?” – Asking this question can open the door to potential future plans. It allows each other to brainstorm activities for the future or find out what upcoming events the other person has on the horizon.
4. “Did you hear about ____ ?” – This question can help start discussions about any current event or news topic. It’s a great way to show you’re keeping up with the news and can also lead to further conversations about what the other person already knows about this event.
5. “What’s something you want to do soon?” – This is another great way to start talking about potential plans and activities. It can even lead to suggestions of activities they can do together in the near future.
6. “What’s your proudest accomplishment?” – This conversation starter will offer insight into who the person is and what they value. It could be anything from a major achievement to a smaller, more personal accomplishment.
7. “What do you like most about your job?” – For those who are employed, asking this question can be a great way to open up a conversation. Talking about someone’s job can get them to talk more freely about their professional and career aspirations.
8. “What kind of hobbies do you like to do?” – This question will uncover any interesting hobbies that the other person has. It is also a great way to get to know them better, as hobbies can often be an important and telling aspect of someone’s identity.
9. “What’s your favorite food?” – This is a lighthearted question. It’s a great way to discover which foods the other person enjoys and could even lead to suggestions of restaurants or places to go to get the food they like.
10. “What’s your favorite way to relax?” – Asking this can help reveal what activities the other person finds calming and enjoyable. This could start a conversation about how they like to spend their time when they’re feeling stressed or overwhelmed.