Texting can be intimidating, so having some great conversation starters to get the ball rolling can help. Here are 20 conversation starters you can use over text to get the conversation going:
1. What’s your biggest dream for the future? – Get to know the person you’re speaking to and find out what is important to them by discussing dreams for the future.
2. What did you do this weekend? – Find out what type of activities the person is interested in, even if it’s just something small like going for coffee or to the movies.
3. What book are you reading right now? – Books are usually a great conversation topic, and this is a more natural way of asking than asking what their favorite book is.
4. If money was no object, what would be the first thing you would do? – This conversation starter gets people thinking outside the box and can spark some interesting ideas.
5. Do you have any upcoming trips or adventures planned? – Talking about upcoming trips or vacations can lead to great conversations and stories.
6. What made you smile today? – This conversation starter encourages positivity and could lead to some great conversations about fun experiences.
7. What would be the perfect way to spend a day? – This conversation starter is open-ended and really gets people thinking about what they would do in their ideal day.
8. Are there any activities or hobbies you want to try this year? – Find out what type of activities the person likes to do and discover new things to do together.
9. What are some goals you want to accomplish this year? – Determining how successful the person is and what their aspirations for the year are by discussing goals.
10. What was the last movie you saw? – Conversation about movies is usually fun and can lead to discussions about favorite genres and actors.
11. What type of music do you like to listen to? – Music is a great conversation starter, and it can lead to further conversations about who their favorite artists are or what type of music they are most interested in.
12. What is the most interesting thing you’ve learned recently? – This is a great way to have an educational conversation and discuss interesting facts.
13. What topics interest you the most? – This is a great conversation starter when you are getting to know someone and don’t have any other topics in mind.
14. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? – Laughter is always a great topic to discuss, and this conversation starter can help people connect.
15. What are your favorite and least favorite hobbies? – Find out more about the person by discussing hobbies and interests, including the ones they don’t like.
16. What is your favorite and least favorite season? – Discussing seasonal activities and activities this person loves and hates can spark interesting conversations.
17. What are some of your proudest accomplishments? – Ask this question to find out more about their achievements and accomplishments and make them feel proud.
18. What type of activities do you enjoy doing alone? – Discussing activities that people love to do on their own can help them see that even solo activities can be cool.
19. What did you do today that you’re proud of? – This conversation starter is perfect for when you need an ego boost and want to focus on the positive things someone has done during the day.
20. What did you do this week that was unexpected? – This conversation starter encourages people to focus on the unexpected experiences they had and can lead to funny stories and great conversations.