Introduction: Good Text Conversation Starters can be a challenge, especially if you want to keep the conversation going. Here are 20 ideas to get your conversations rolling.
1. What are some of your recent hobbies? – A great starter as this is sure to encourage the other person to reveal some of their interests and gives you the chance to learn something about them.
2. What’s your favorite joke? – Jokes are always fun conversation starters, plus you get to hear a good joke.
3. What was your best vacation ever? – A great way to get to know the other person’s interests and get some vacation ideas of your own.
4. What have you been reading lately? – An easy conversation starter that will give you insight into what types of books the other person likes to read.
5. Tell me something embarrassing that happened to you recently. – A fun and lighthearted conversation starter that can lead to some funny stories.
6. What skill, talent or hobby do you wish you had? – This can lead to some interesting insights on what the other person values and desires, plus it’s a great way to open up a conversation about dreams and aspirations.
7. What’s the most creative way you solved a difficult problem? -A great way to find out how the other person faces and solves tough situations.
8. What kind of advice would you give to someone else in the same situation you are? – An opportunity to get some great advice from someone you trust, plus you get to hear their thoughts on the matter.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? -A fun way to learn more about the other person in terms of travel destination preferences.
10. What was the funniest conversation you’ve had with someone recently? – A nice way to start a conversation with a laugh, and also get to learn a bit more about the other person’s sense of humor.
11. What’s something you learned recently that surprised you? – An interesting way to find out more about the other person’s interests, plus you get to learn something new.
12. What’s your biggest challenge right now? – A great way to show the other person you care and find out some of the struggles they are currently facing.
13. What would you do if you had an extra hour in the day? – A fun thought exercise that reveals more about their interests and values.
14. What’s the most interesting thing that happened to you this week? – A great way to stay up to date with what’s going on in the other person’s life.
15. If you could master any skill, what would it be? – A great way to explore the other person’s interests and see if you share any common passions.
16. Who’s your favorite celebrity? – A fun conversation starter that can lead to some great stories.
17. Who has had the biggest influence on your life? – A meaningful conversation starter that allows you to get to know the other person more deeply.
18. What are your plans this weekend? – A great way to find out what the other person has planned and set up plans to meet up.
19. What would you do if you had more time? – A great conversation starter to find out what the other person wishes they had more time to do.
20. What would you do if money were no object? – A fun conversation starter that will reveal the other person’s dreams and which ones they would pursue if money was no issue.