1. What motivates you to keep going in life?
This is a great conversation starter because it puts the focus on the individual and encourages them to open up about their passions and motivators.
2. Are there any good books, films, or podcasts that you’ve recently enjoyed?
This conversation starter encourages people to share their likes and dislikes, while also engaging in discussion of relevant pop culture topics.
3. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing the world today?
This is a great way to open up a meaningful conversation about current events and global issues.
4. What are your biggest fears and phobias?
This allows for an open dialogue about fears, anxieties, and insecurities, and can give a deeper insight into someone’s psychology.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
This is a great way to get into a discussion about self-improvement, and to help the other person open up about the steps they are taking to better themselves.
6. What has been the most valuable moment of your life?
A meaningful conversation starter that invites personal reflection and gives an insight into what is important to that person.
7. What do you think are the most effective strategies when dealing with difficult people?
A great way to open up a conversation on how to navigate interpersonal relationships, while also sharing tactics used in your own circles.
8. What do you consider the most important quality a leader should possess?
A good deep conversation starter to get into a discussion of what it takes to be a good leader.
9. What do you think is the most important lesson you’ve learned in your life?
This is an open ended question which allows for a meaningful discussion on experiences and lessons learned from them.
10. What values have you adopted in your life that have made a difference?
This is an interesting conversation opener which can lead to a more philosophical dialogue on belief systems and values that people have chosen to live their lives by.
11. How do you think our society can bridge the gap between different classes and cultures?
This is a thought-provoking question which can help kick start a meaningful dialogue on social issues, such as class and cultural differences.
12. What event has impacted you the most in your life?
A great way to discuss past experiences and the lessons learned from them.
13. What do you think are the biggest challenges facing us as a species?
This conversation starter provides an opportunity to discuss global problems, such as climate change and poverty, and how to tackle them.
14. What do you think is the most important thing that has changed in the world in recent years?
A conversation starter which encourages an update on current events and the way the world has transformed.
15. Are there any personal goals that you have set for yourself that you have yet to achieve?
A great way to open up a discussion about dreams, ambitions, and why we strive for them.
16. What advice would you give to a younger version of yourself?
A fantastic way to talk about lessons learned and the wisdom that comes with age.
17. What do you think makes someone a good friend?
This allows for a discussion on the qualities and values that define a strong and meaningful friendship.
18. Do you think technology is having a positive or negative impact on our lives?
A great conversation starter to discuss how technology has changed our lives, while also weighing its advantages and disadvantages.
19. What do you think is the most important quality someone needs to be successful?
A good question to open up a discussion on the paths to success, as well as the sacrifices required to get there.
20. How do you think we can create a safer and more prosperous world?
This encourages a dialogue on global problems and solutions, while also promoting a more positive outlook for the future.