Introduction: Good conversation starters online are important for getting the conversation going. Whether you’re trying to break the ice with someone you just met or need help reigniting a conversation that has gone stale, these conversation starters can help.
1. What can you do that most people cannot?- This is a fun conversation starter that can get everyone thinking about the unique and impressive skills they possess.
2. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?- Everyone has had a weird dream at some point in their life and remembering it can often be entertaining and funny; take turns sharing stories and see where the conversation leads.
3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?- This is a good conversation starter because it will give you insights into the types of food each person likes and why they chose that particular food.
4. What would you do if you won the lottery?- This is a great way to initiate a conversation around what each person would do with large amounts of money as well as how they might choose to invest their winnings.
5. What would you do if you had an extra hour every day?- This conversation starter encourages people to think creatively about how they would use the bonus hour to their benefit.
6. What are some of the most interesting places you’ve visited?- Shared experiences are often the best way to bond. Talk about some of the different places you’ve both been to and heard about and exchange stories and pictures.
7. What would be the title of your autobiography?- This is a fun way to get people to think about the big impact they’ve had on their lives and how they would choose to share it with the world.
8. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?-By asking this question, you can get to the heart of each person’s values and beliefs as well as what has shaped their life decisions.
9. What’s an interesting fact about yourself?- It’s always a good idea to start off a conversation with something interesting and personal about yourself.
10. What do you do for fun?- This type of conversation starter can help you find out what your conversation partner enjoys doing outside of their everyday life and explore common interests.
11. If you could go back in time and do something differently, what would it be?- This type of question can help you learn more about your conversation partner and possibly uncover some underlying feelings or wisdom that they have gained over time.
12. What is the most important lesson you have learned so far in life?- This is an excellent way to get to know the person on a deeper level and learn more about their core values.
13. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week?- This can be a great way to focus on the positive, share happy experiences and strengthen the conversation.
14. What do you think is the most important quality a person can have?- This conversation starter can help you learn more about the person’s values and beliefs and create a meaningful conversation.
15. What superpower would you choose if you could have one?- This is a fun way to get people to relax and think outside the box. What would they do with their new found powers?!
16. Who has been the biggest influence on your life?- This conversation starter can help you learn more about the person’s backstory and the people who have impacted and shaped their life path.
17. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?- This can be a great question as it will help you understand what your conversation partner values the most.
18. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?- This is a great way to get to know the types of people your conversation partner admires and how they view the world.
19. What do you think everyone should do at least once in their life?- This conversation starter can open up a conversation about new experiences, life goals and the types of activities that a person considers to be a must-do.
20. What hobby would you get into if you had more time?- This can help you identify common passions and passions that your conversation partner has yet to explore.