1. What are the top three things in life that bring you the most joy?
This is a great question to start off a conversation as it quickly gets the other person talking about what is important to them.
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Asking this question can get a conversation started by exploring different possibilities. It can also serve as a good starting point to discuss a shared traveling experience.
3. What is your favorite book?
This simple question can quickly reveal a lot about a person, such as their interests, hobbies, and tastes.
4. What do you like to do in your free time?
This question can open up a conversation and let the other person show their personality and interests.
5. Who do you admire most and why?
This question serves as an excellent conversation starter as it allows the other person to delve into their own thoughts and emotions to explain why they admire a certain person.
6. What is your favorite memory?
This question encourages a person to reflect and share a fond memory, which can create an enjoyable conversation.
7. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
Asking this question allows the other person to show what kind of people they’re most interested in, and also gives them a chance to expand on why they would like to meet that person.
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
This question can bring out the other person’s sense of creativity and sense of humor.
9. What would you do if you had an extra hour every day?
This question can give the other person an opportunity to express their interests and passions, and can lead to a deeper conversation.
10. What have you been watching/listening to lately?
This question is a great way to build a connection by talking about shared interests in media and entertainment.
11. What do you think about the current state of the world?
This question allows for a more meaningful and topical conversation.
12. What are three “traits” that you admire in yourself?
This question brings attention to the strengths that the other person possesses and value in themselves.
13. What do you consider your biggest accomplishment to date?
Asking this question gives the other person the chance to talk about the things they are proud of and have achieved.
14. If you could make one change to the world, what would it be?
This question encourages the other person to think of solutions and changes that could make a positive difference.
15. What would be your dream job?
This question can foster an interesting conversation about the person’s goals, skills, and passions.
16. If money wasn’t an issue, what would you do with your time?
This is a great question to get the other person thinking about what they would do with their time if they had no financial restraints.
17. What is the best advice you have ever received?
This question allows the other person to look back on past experiences and share wisdom with you.
18. What is your proudest moment?
Asking this question allows the other person to look back on past experiences and share stories and moments that they are the proudest of.
19. What makes you laugh the most?
This question is a great conversation starter as it allows the other person to express what makes them happy.
20. If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be?
This is a great way to start a conversation as it encourages the other person to explore historical figures and delve into why they would like to meet that person.