Intro: A great conversation starter on Tinder can go a long way in connecting you with someone interesting. Here are 20 conversation starters to help get the conversation flowing.
1. What song have you been playing on repeat lately? – A great way to get to know someone’s music taste and can easily lead to conversations about artists, performances, and favorite genres.
2. What’s the best place you’ve ever traveled to? – An easy way to see what kind of activities this person is interested in and to get inspired for your own travels.
3. What would be your dream job? – A fun way to explore your match’s career aspirations and find out more about what motivates them.
4. What do you do when you need to relax? – A great conversation starter that not only gives insight into your match’s hobbies and interests, but could also lead to suggestions of activities you could do together.
5. If you had to pick one superpower, what would it be? – Offers up a fun way to find out more about your match and their values and allows for light-hearted conversations about life-goals.
6. Fill in the blank: Crazy _____ that I’ve done? – This open-ended question provides a great opportunity to laugh, share funny stories and find out more about the kind of experiences your match has had.
7. What TV show do you refuse to miss? – You can discuss why you tune in to certain shows each week and see if any of your favorites overlap.
8. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read/watched/listened to recently? – An inspiring conversation starter that can lead to further explorations of exciting topics that your match is passionate about.
9. What is your favorite movie of all time? – A great conversation starter that can easily lead to conversations about favorite genres, directors and memorable scenes.
10. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? – This can offer insight into what kind of places this person dreams of visiting or living in and how their lifestyle might be different if they were there.
11. What did you want to be when you were a kid? – Offers up a chance to explore your match’s childhood aspirations and discover more about the career path they are currently on.
12. What do you like to do in your free time? – A great way to find out more about their interests, podcasts they might listen to, and new hobbies they could be interested in trying.
13. What motivates you? – Can be a great conversation starter to explore what values your match holds dear and how they put them into practice every day.
14. If you had to give up all your possessions and start again, what five items would you take with you? – An interesting way to get to know what possessions have the greatest bearing on this person and what aspects of their identity they would not do without.
15. Who was the last person who made you laugh out loud? – A great way to find out what type of humor this person is into and if there are any stories you could share in the future.
16. What would you do with an extra hour of free time every day? – Offers up an opportunity to discover what activities your match would prioritize if they had more free time and how they would love to spend it.
17. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
18. What is something that you are passionate about?
19. What is the most daring thing you have done?
20. What is the coolest thing that has happened to you recently?