Introduction: Starting a conversation with a crush can be anxiety-inducing, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are 20 conversation starters that can help you break the ice and take the first step towards getting to know them better.
1. Ask about their interests: “What do you like to do in your spare time?” This is a great way to get to know your crush better and show that you’re interested in them.
2. Talk about the weather: “What do you think of this weather?” It’s simple, but talking about the weather is a sure-fire way to strike up a conversation with your crush.
3. Discuss current events: “What do you think about the latest news?” It’s always good to stay informed and have thoughtful conversations with people, so ask your crush about the news.
4. Ask about their weekend plans: “What do you have planned for the weekend?” This will give you both a chance to share what you’ll be doing, and possibly even make plans to hang out.
5. Talk about hobbies: “What hobbies do you have?” Talking about hobbies is a great way to get to know your crush better, as it can reveal a lot about their personality and interests.
6. Ask about their job/school: “How’s your job/school going?” This is a great conversation starter if you know your crush works or goes to school. It’s also an effective way to show that you’re interested in learning more about their lives.
7. Bring up a shared interest: “I heard a great book/movie/etc. recently that I think you might be interested in…” Showing that you have something in common with your crush can encourage them to talk more, so feel free to bring up a shared interest.
8. Talk about travel: “Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever been?” Asking about travel is a good way to start a conversation because it can bring up some interesting stories that may lead to other conversations.
9. Talk about music: “What’s your favorite type of music?” Music is a great topic to discuss with someone, because it can reveal a lot about their personality and interests.
10. Ask about their family: “Do you have any brothers or sisters?” This is an aawesome conversation starter because it can help you learn more about your crush and also show them that you care about them.
11. Ask about their passions: “What subjects do you care most about?” Asking about what your crush cares about is a great way to show them that you’re interested in who they are and can help you better get to know them.
12. Talk about movies or TV shows: “Have you seen the latest episode of (show name)?” Talking about movies or TV shows is a great way to get to know each other better, so don’t be shy about bringing up your favorite show.
13. Ask about their favorite food: “What’s your favorite type of food?” Asking about food can lead to other conversations like where your crush likes to eat, what types of recipes they enjoy making, etc.
14. Bring up pets: “Do you have any pets?” Pets are a great conversation topic and can be a great way to get to know your crush better and possibly even plan a date to do something pet-related.
15. Ask what they like to read: “What are some of your favorite books?” Asking your crush about their favorite books can lead to great conversations and also tell you a lot about their preferences and interests.
16. Talk about sports: “What sports do you like to watch or play?” Talking about sports is an easy conversation starter and can be a great way to learn more about your crush and show that you’re interested in what they like.
17. Discuss favorite things: “What are some of your favorite things to do?” Asking about someone’s favorite things is a great way to strike up a conversation and get to know them better.
18. Talk about places: “What’s the most interesting place you’ve ever been to?” Places are a great conversation starter because it can reveal a lot about someone’s experiences and adventures.
19. Ask about their goals: “What are some of the goals you’re working towards?” Knowing someone’s goals can tell you a lot about them, and can also lead to further conversations about their dreams and aspirations.