1. What would you do if you got a 5-second time reversal?
This is a fun conversation starter as it challenges your conversation partner to think creatively. It allows them to explore what they would hypothetically do if they suddenly had a few seconds to go back in time.
2. What iconic object would you take into a black hole?
This quirky conversation starter is sure to elicit some funny responses. People may suggest a variety of items – from their favorite childhood toy to a much-loved photograph – and it can be a fun way to learn more about the person’s interests.
3. If you could possess any superpower, what would it be?
By asking this question, you’re giving your conversation partner the opportunity to dream big and have some fun. Their answers can range from the practical to the ridiculous, making for some entertaining conversational fodder.
4. How would you handle a zombie invasion?
Who doesn’t love an over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek question like this? It’s sure to evoke some interesting responses and could spark an extended conversation about people’s unique strategies in facing a zombie apocalypse.
5. If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be?
This leads to some interesting conversations as people contemplate who they would like to experience life as for a day. It might be someone famous, someone close to them, or even someone fictional.
6. If you could time travel, where would you go?
Time travel has been a popular topic for centuries, and it’s sure to catch people’s attention. Asking your conversation partner where they would go if they had a time-traveling device can open up some exciting conversations.
7. What invention from the future would you want most?
From flying cars to long-distance teleportation, people may dream up some incredible inventions when presented with this conversation starter. It’s a great way to discuss ideas of what the future may hold.
8. Name a place that you would never, ever want to visit.
This conversation starter can lead to some interesting conversations. People might bring up some unique suggestions and share their personal reasons why they wouldn’t want to go to certain places.
9. What would you do if you could read minds?
This is a fun conversation starter to get people imagining possibilities. It could lead to an entertaining discussion about how people would use this power and what situations they would take advantage of.
10. If you could invent a new type of food, what would it taste like?
This is an entertaining conversation starter which can bring the topic of food into the conversation. People can share their culinary preferences and invent creative new dishes.