Introduction: Laughter and having a sense of humor are important elements of a healthy spiritual life! Here are 20 funny Christian Icebreaker questions to bring joy and laughter to your next gathering.
1. What did Jesus put in the fish’s mouth to pay the tax-collector?
2. When Jesus’ enemies came to capture him in the Garden of Gethsemane, what did he say?
‘Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?’
3. What four things did Noah do to the dove sent out to search for dry land?
He released it, waited, received it back, and released it again
4.According to the Bible what is the biggest fish ever caught?
5. If God asked you to build a barrier between the Red Sea and the Dead Sea, what material would you use?
Moses used a combination of natural materials and man-made materials to make a path between the two seas
6. How many times does the Bible mention the word “hallelujah”
7. What did Jesus make out of five small loaves of bread and two fish?
He fed 5,000 people
8. What did the Wise Men give Jesus?
Gold, frankincense and myrrh
9. What did Jesus tell Nicodemus that he must do to enter the kingdom of heaven?
Be “born again”
10. What is the meaning of the biblical phrase, “Be not weary in well doing”
Continue to do good things even when you are feeling fatigued
11. What did Jesus say to the little children when they came to him?
“Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them, for such is the kingdom of heaven”
12. What did Jesus say when the Rich Young Ruler asked him what he should do to have eternal life?
“Keep the commandments”
13. Who said, “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
14. What did Jesus say when asked, “What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”
“If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”
15. How did Jesus explain the parable of the prodigal son?
“The prodigal son is a depiction of the loving relationship between God the father and his children”
16. What did Jesus say when he went to the tomb of Lazarus?
“I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live”
17. What did Jesus say to the woman at the well when she asked for living water?
“Whoever drinks from the water that I give him will never thirst”
18. What did Jesus tell his disciples to do when they asked how to pray?
“When you pray, say, ‘Our Father who art in heaven”‘
19. Who gave Jesus his first Bible lesson?
The Story of the Good Samaritan was given by Jesus to his disciples.
20. What did Jesus tell his followers to remember when they went out into the world?
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”