Introduction: Going on a date can be nerve-wracking, especially if you don’t know what to talk about. To help you get the conversation flowing, here are 20 fun and interesting Tinder conversation starters.
1. What are the hobbies you’ve always wanted to pick up? Exploring new hobbies can be exciting and engaging way to get to know each other.
2. If you could go back 10 years and give yourself a piece of advice, what would it be? From career advice to relationship tips, it could be humorous or more reflective.
3. What book, movie, or show has changed the way you think? Everyone has that certain thing they’ve seen that changed the way they look at the world.
4. If you could invite anyone, dead or alive, to a dinner party, who would it be? You’ll get a peek into who they look up to and the kind of company they keep.
5. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? This can lead to a bunch of really unexpected and funny stories.
6. Who was the most influential person in your life and why? Everyone has those certain people that have shaped who they are today.
7. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? From a family member to a life coach, you’ll learn their values and beliefs.
8. If you could master one skill, what would it be? Do they want to develop a creative skill like drawing or something practical like coding?
9. What would be your dream job? Do they want to live in a big city or near a beach? Do they prefer to work 9 to 5 or freelance?
10. What is something you know you do differently than most people? We all have habits and quirks that set us apart.
11. What do you think your best physical feature is? They might see themselves in a different way than you see them.
12. What do you think your worst physical feature is? We all have something we don’t necessarily like about our looks.
13. If you could speak any language fluently, what would it be? Language opens up a world of possibilities, so this question can lead to more dreams, plans and aspirations.
14. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done while drunk? You can learn a lot about someone by the silly stuff they’ve done in the past.
15. What have you found recently that you’re really into? Whether it’s a hobby, a new show, or a type of food, this is a great way to discuss interests.
16. How would you describe yourself in three words? People often give away a lot about themselves with a few quick words.
17. What’s the most horrible joke you know? Laughing at bad jokes can be a great way to loosen up the mood.
18. What place (country, city, island, etc.) on Earth does the idea of exploring sound the most exciting? Talking about different places can open up a whole world of points for conversation.
19. What is something you’ve been wanting to try recently? Everyone has a few things on their bucket list, so why not explore them together?
20. What would your perfect Saturday look like? This can be both telling of what they enjoy and a great way to plan a great first date.