Fun dinner conversation starters can be a great way to break the ice and create an enjoyable atmosphere during a meal. Here are 20 conversation starters to get things started:
1. If you could pick the next place you visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Short explanation: This can be a great way to ask about people’s goals, aspirations, and dreams.
2. What’s the most interesting fact you know? Short explanation: Everyone loves a little trivia, and this can be a fun way to exchange interesting facts.
3. What was the last funny thing that happened to you? Short explanation: Everyone loves a good laugh, so this can be a great way to get conversations rolling.
4. Tell me about your best vacation. Short explanation: Traveling is always a great topic to cover, as it provides a variety of exciting stories and experiences.
5. Is there anything you’ve been wanting to try or learn lately? Short explanation: This question opens the door to explore each other’s hobbies, interests, and bucket list items.
6. What are some of your favorite books? Short explanation: Reading is a great way to get to know someone’s values and interests.
7. What do you think has been the biggest achievement in your life? Short explanation: Achievements are often a great way to get to know more about a person’s successes and accomplishments.
8. What would you do if you had only one day to live? Short explanation: This question can bring out some interesting conversations, while giving an insight into what someone truly values in life.
9. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Short explanation: Curiosity has no boundaries. Asking this question is sure to bring out interesting stories and experiences.
10. What do you value most in others? Short explanation: Knowing what someone values most in others can be a great indicator of who they are as a person.
11. What would you tell your younger self if you could go back in time? Short explanation: A great way to reminisce about life and provide advice for the future.
12. What accomplishment are you most proud of? Short explanation: We all have moments that make us proud, and sharing these can help deepen a connection.
13. If you could master a skill overnight, what would it be? Short explanation: Everyone has something that they wish they could do; this question can provide a great platform for talking about goals.
14. What would be your dream job and why? Short explanation: This is a great way to learn more about someone’s passion and career goals.
15. What do you think are essential ingredients to a great diverse group of people? Short explanation: Diversity is important and this question can be a great way to dive into ideas related to it.
16. What would be one thing you would like to share with the world? Short explanation: A simple but effective way to hear what is important to someone.
17. What current event has been the most interesting to you? Short explanation: News and current events can provide interesting stories and perspectives.
18. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? Short explanation: A great way to get to know people’s values and opinions.
19. If you could have dinner with anybody, who would it be and why? Short explanation: An enjoyable topic that reveals people’s aspirations and interests.
20. What are some of your favorite things to do? Short explanation: This question is perfect for learning more about someone’s hobbies, interests and activities.