Houston is a vibrant, dynamic city, with plenty of opportunities for fun and creative date nights. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening out or a more casual way to get to know each other, this list of 20 creative fun date ideas in Houston will have you covered. From romantic strolls in some of the city’s most enchanting parks to delicious foodie experiences for you and your date to enjoy, Houston has plenty to offer for a memorable night out.
1. Spend an evening at Miller Outdoor Theatre watching a family-friendly performance.
2. Tour the Houston Zoo, feeding many amazing animals and spending some quality time together.
3. Explore the Menil Collection, Houston’s remarkable modern and contemporary art museum.
4. Go on a romantic bike ride together through Discovery Green.
5. Take in a stunning aerial view of the Houston skyline from one of the high-level observation areas such as the Williams Tower or the JPMorgan Chase Tower.
6. Treat yourselves to a night out at the Astros game.
7. Share an intimate Italian dinner at Via Emilia Italian Kitchen.
8. Test your culinary prowess in a cooking class for two.
9. Have a picnic in Hermann Park.
10. Dine at one of the oldest and most traditional BBQ joints in Houston.
11. Enjoy the unique experience of Harvey’s Roof Top Garden.
12. Enjoy a laugh over some comedy at the Improv.
13. Spend the day canoeing down Buffalo Bayou.
14. Explore the charming Rice Village area on foot.
15. Watch a hilarious improv show at Station Theater.
16. Take part in the Rodeo action at the NRG Stadium.
17. Visit the Kemah Boardwalk and take a romantic ride on the carousel.
18. Go stargazing with telescopes at the George Observatory.
19. Catch a flick at the Adriondack Drive-In.
20. Check out the live music scene at the legendary Satellite Bar.