Introduction: Sparking meaningful conversations between adults and kids can be difficult. However, having some fun conversation starters ready to go can help liven up the conversations, no matter the age. Here are 20 fun conversation starters for kids:
1. Name three of your favorite activities to do on the weekends. Explain why they are your favorite things to do. -This is a great way to find out how your kids like to spend their free time and what makes them excited.
2. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for? – Asking a young kid this question is a great way to get kids to think creatively and dream big.
3. Tell three things you are looking forward to this week. – This is a great way to get kids to think about all the fun things that might happen in the week ahead.
4. If you could try any sport, what would you want to try? And why? – Sports can be fun for kids and this conversation starter can open up a great dialogue about their interests.
5. Describe your favorite family activity. -This is another great way to get kids to reflect on the special memories they have with their family.
6. What problems would you like to solve in the world? -This is an excellent way to encourage kids to think more deeply and engage in conversations on a more meaningful level.
7. If you could learn any skill, what would it be? -This is a great way to find out what activities and tasks pique their interest and could provide an opportunity for learning something new.
8. Who is your favorite superhero and why? -This conversation starter is a classic conversation topic for children, but it can also provide a great deal of insight into what their interests are.
9. If you could pick a superpower, what would you choose? -This is another great conversation starter that will get kids to think creatively and come up with fun answers.
10.What would you do if you only had one wish? -This conversation starter is a great way to get kids to think about how they would use their wishes wisely and what would be most important to them.
11. If you could learn how to do anything, what would it be? -This is a great way to get Kids to think more broadly and open up conversations about a wide range of possible skills.
12. Describe your perfect day. -This conversation starter can get kids to think about all the things they enjoy doing and start planning out their perfect day.
13. Who is your hero and why? -This can often be a great way to get kids to think more deeply and share their thoughts on why they admire certain people.
14. What is the craziest thing you have ever done? -This can be a great way to get kids to reflect on an exciting experience and spark a fun conversation.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? -This is an excellent conversation starter for kids who are interested in exploring different cultures and locations.
16. If you could be an animal, what would you be and why? -This is a great way to get kids to think about what traits they admire in different animals and why they would choose to be them.
17. Describe something you are proud of and why. -This conversation starter can be a great opportunity for kids to reflect on their accomplishments and build their self-esteem.
18. Who is the funniest person you know? -This is an excellent way to get kids to think about the people in their life who they think make the funniest jokes.
19. If you could invent something, what would it be? -This is an awesome way to get kids to think creatively and come up with something entirely new.
20. If you could solve any problem in the world, what would it be? -This is an excellent conversation starter that will get kids to think more deeply about the broader world around them and how they could make a positive impact.