This is a great list of conversation starters that can help to start a lively and engaging conversation with your friend. Whether it’s to catch up, learn about their life, or just have some fun, it’s good to have a few go-to topics up your sleeve to get the ball rolling.
1. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week? -This is a great question to start off a conversation and it provides a great opportunity for your to learn what’s been happening in your friend’s life.
2. What would your perfect day look like? -Asking someone what their “perfect day” looks like can give you insight into their interests, values and ideas of fun.
3. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? -This question is a great way to get your friend to open up and divulge some of their wildest stories.
4. Are you a morning person or a night owl? -This is a lighthearted way to bring up your friend’s sleep habits and discover whether they prefer to stay up late or get up early.
5. Are there any hobbies you’ve picked up recently? -This question will help you learn about any new and interesting activities your friend has recently gotten into.
6. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done? -Similar to the previous question, this is a great way to get your friend to share stories that have pushed them out of their comfort zone.
7. What’s the best book you’ve read recently? -This question immediately shifts the conversation to books, literature, and culture.
8. What’s the funniest thing someone has ever said to you? -This conversation starter will likely evoke laughter and smiles as your friend shares their funniest stories.
9. What would you do if you won the lottery? -This is a fun and engaging question that gives your friend the opportunity to get creative and dream big.
10. What would you do if you had an extra hour to yourself each day? -This conversation starter invites your friend to explore what they’d do with an extra amount of free time.
11. What goal are you currently working on? -This question will help you learn more about your friend’s aspirations, and the steps they are taking to achieve them.
12. What’s the coolest place you’ve ever visited? -This question takes your friend on a journey and offers a great opportunity for them to share some of their best travel memories.
13. If you could change anything about your life, what would it be? -This is a reflective question that allows your friend to take stock of their life, notice any changes they would like to make, and engage in some deep thinking.
14. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received? – This conversation starter will help your friend relive fond memories of a great gift they once received.
15. What’s something you’re really looking forward to? -This question will put your friend in a positive and excited mindset and will hopefully prompt them to share something exciting that’s coming up in their life.
16. What would you do if you could travel anywhere? -This question will help your friend to share their dream travel destinations and the activities they would do when there.
17. What motivated you to start your current project? -This question will help you understand why your friend is so passionate about their current project and how they got started.
18. What would be the best career advice you’d give to someone just starting out? -This conversation starter is practical and helpful, and gives your friend an opportunity to share the wisdom they’ve gained throughout their life.
19. What was the last thing that made you really laugh? -This question is an easy way to get your friend to open up and share an amusing story.
20. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? -This is a great question to help your friend explore their values and opinions at a global scale.