1. What was the last thing you binge watched? – This is a great conversation starter as it can tell you a lot about someone’s interests and how up to date they are with popular culture.
2. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekend? – This gives you an insight into how someone likes to relax and get away from the working week.
3. What do you do in your spare time? – This is a great way to understand what kind of hobbies they have and it may open up opportunities to do something together.
4. What kind of music do you like? – Music is an integral part of many people’s lives and this can help open up conversations about tastes as well as other topics.
5. What’s your favorite cuisine? – This is a great way to get to know someone’s tastes in food and could lead to a discussion about favorite recipes or places to eat.
6. What did you do last week? – Asking about recent activities can help get to know how someone spends their time and the kind of things they enjoy.
7. What do you think has been your greatest achievement? – It’s interesting to find out about how someone views their accomplishments; this could also be a nice conversation about what motivates them.
8. What kind of movies do you like? – Finding out someone’s movie tastes can make for great conversations, as well as ideas for possible double dates.
9. Do you have any hidden talents? – This could be a fun one, as you’ll get to hear what someone is really passionate about and your curiosity will be satisfied.
10. What is your earliest memory? – Finding out someone’s earliest memories can bring up a lot of interesting stories and give an insight into their past.
11. What was the best advice you ever received? – Hearing what kind of advice someone values can give a good impression of their life philosophy.
12. What is the best book you have ever read? – Books tell a lot about someone’s interests and values, as well as how open to new ideas and experiences they may be.
13. What did you want to be when you were growing up? – Asking about childhood dreams is a great way to finding out how someone’s passions and interests have evolved over the years.
14. How did you meet your best friend? – Friends are an important part of someone’s life, so this can lead to great stories of how and when someone’s best connections were made.
15. What would be your superpower if you could choose one? – Superpowers are a great conversation starter for when you want to think about something silly and fun.
16. What are your plans for the future? – This can tell you what kind of ambitions and goals the person has, which can give you an indication of their character and values.
17. What is the most daring thing you have ever done? – Everyone has done something bold or risky at some point and this is a great way to bring those stories to the surface.
18. Do you have any special traditions that you follow? – Learning about any family traditions or celebrations can tell you a lot about how someone’s family and upbringing were.
19. What would you do differently if you could go back in time? – This thought-provoking conversation can lead to interesting revelations about what a person regrets, and also what they have learned.
20. If you could have a dream vacation, where would it be? – Finding out people’s dream holiday gives you an insight into what they like to enjoy and the kinds of experiences they can’t wait to have.