When it comes to planning the perfect first date in Atlanta, there’s no limit to the possibilities. From outdoor activities to exciting new restaurants, there are plenty of ways to get to know each other and have an unforgettable time. Here are 20 creative first date ideas in Atlanta to get the sparks flying.
1. Exploring Krog Street Tunnel – located in the Inman Park neighborhood, this iconic tunnel is decorated in graffiti murals and makes an ideal backdrop for some fun couple’s photos.
2. Enjoy the view at the High Museum of Art – with its stunning architecture and works of art, the High Museum invites you to explore and find something new each time.
3. Tour the fine beer selection at Orpheus Brewing – sample all the seasonal IPAs and stouts produced in-house, and check out their famous rooftop beer garden.
4. Catch a show at Variety Playhouse – nothing beats the classic combo of a live music show and drinks.
5. Rent a paddle boat for the day – get a paddle boat and cruise the Chattahoochee River for some peaceful couple time.
6. Enjoy a picnic at Piedmont Park – bring your favorite snacks, a blanket, and a great book and spend some quality time together.
7. Visit the Georgia Aquariaum – stroll along the 550-foot long Ocean Voyager tunnel as you explore marine life from around the world.
8. Take a cooking class together – every month, Sublime Doughnuts hosts a monthly doughnut-making class with a special beer and coffee pairing.
9. Visit the Oakland Cemetery – learn about Atlanta’s history and explore the monuments and plants that make the Oakland Cemetery’s grounds so beautiful.
10. Get a bird’s-eye view at the Skyview Atlanta – treat your date to a romantic evening and impressive views of the city skyline from their state-of-the-art Ferris Wheel.
11. Experience the Atlanta Botanical Garden – wander through 30 acres of outdoor gardens, fountains, sculptures, and more.
12. Take a brewery tour at New Realm Brewing – grab a beer flight and learn about the fascinating process of beer production.
13. Tour the Georgia Governor’s Mansion – explore the .7 acres of grounds and architecture of the historic home of the Governor of Georgia.
14. Take a stroll through historic Grant Park – admire the turn-of the century Victorian homes and end your day with a delicious soft serve cone.
15. Nab some souvenirs at Ponce City Market – browse the vintage stores and outdoor market for some one-of-a-kind souvenirs.
16. Have fun in the sun at the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area –rent a tube and float down one of the city’s most peaceful rivers.
17. Celebrate with a night out at the Atlanta Bar Scene – challenge yourselves to find out who can make the best new drinks.
18. Challenge yourselves at a local escape room – put your problem-solving skills to the test and try to beat the clock.
19. Adrenaline Levels skyrocket at the Sky Zone Trampoline Park – embrace your inner child and burn some energy together.
20. Trek through stone mountain park – take a hike and explore the natural beauty and unique landscape of Stone Mountain Park.