Emily Henry is an American author of contemporary romance and women’s fiction. Her books feature strong female characters and candid conversations about love, relationships, and self-discovery. Her debut novel, The Love That Split the World, was a New York Times bestseller and has been optioned for film. She is a passionate advocate for diversity in literature, and her books have been translated into dozens of languages.
1. The Love That Split the World (2016) – Natalie Cleary must risk her future and leap blindly into a vast unknown for the chance to build a new world with the boy she loves. This contemporary fantasy follows Natalie as she struggles to make sense of her shifting reality and explores the power of love to change the world.
2. Beach Read (2020) – A romance writer who no longer believes in love and a literary writer stuck in a rut engage in a summer-long challenge that may just upend everything they believe about happily ever afters.
3. A Million Junes (2017) – This magical realism novel follows the story of a young couple who must confront an ancient family feud and discover their own place in the world.
4. People We Meet on Vacation (2021) – Two best friends embark on a whirlwind trip to Europe, only to discover that their connection runs deeper than they ever imagined.
5. Wild and Crooked (2018) – This young adult novel follows the story of Kalyn, a teenager who must confront her family’s dark secrets and her own sense of justice.
6. The Conference of the Birds (2020) – In this coming-of-age novel, a young girl must contend with grief and the pressures of growing up while searching for her place in the world.