Here are 20 Dinner Conversation Starters For Adults To Use:
1. What was the best thing that happened to you today?
A great way to start a positive and fun conversation that everyone can relate to. You can ask everyone to take a turn and express something positive or funny that happened to them.
2. What is the last movie you watched?
This a an easy way to bring out some interesting conversations. You can talk about if you liked the movie or not, if it was an accurate re-creation, and what was its best parts.
3. What are your thoughts about the news?
This conversation topic allows for people to share their opinions about current events, politics, and world news. People can express their views in a safe and respectful way.
4. What food have you never tried and why?
This is a great way to get to know your dinner guests and learn about different cultures and experiences. People can share their favorite dishes and share what new foods they would like to try.
5. What is the most inspiring thing you’ve seen this week?
This is a great way to reflect and inspire conversations. Everyone can share the inspiring things they’ve seen around them or in the news, and how those moments have changed their lives.
6. Who is the most interesting person you’ve met this month?
This is a fun way to get to know people at the table and learn about who inspires them. Everyone can share stories and anecdotes about their favorite people.
7. What is a dream you want to accomplish and why?
This is a great way to get to know each other on a deeper level. People can share their goals, and how they plan to achieve them.
8. What do you think the world will look like in 10 years?
This conversation starter allows people to think about the future and share their views on what the world will look like in the future.
9. What skill would you like to learn?
This conversation allows people to share what new skills and hobbies they would like to learn. Everyone can take turns and share what hobby or skill they’d like to learn and how they plan on doing it.
10. What is the best vacation you ever had and why?
A great way to re-live past experiences, this conversation starter allows everyone to share their favorite vacations and the memories and experiences that made them such memorable trips.
11. What would you do if you had an extra hour in your day?
This conversation starter allows people to dream and think about how they would spend an extra hour in the day. Everyone can share their answers and have an inspiring and creative conversation.
12. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
This conversation starter evokes fun and creative conversations. Everyone can think about and share what superpower they would want, and why.
13. What do you do to make the world a better place?
A great way to bring inspiring conversations to the table, this conversation starter allows everyone to share their thoughts and actions on how they do their part to make the world a better place.
14. What book or story has had the biggest impact on you and why?
A great way to bring inspiring and reflective conversations, this conversation starter allows people to share a book or story that has had a lasting effect on their lives.
15. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
This is a great way to bring everyone to a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Everyone can share their favorite childhood memories, and how they’ve helped shaped who they are.
16. What advice would you give to your younger self?
A great way to bring reflective conversations, this conversation starter allows people to think about and share the advice they would give to their younger selves.
17. What is something you are proud of accomplishing?
This conversation starter is a great way to differentiate between public and private accomplishments. Everyone can share something they are proud of accomplishing and what it has taught them.
18. What is your favorite family recipe?
A great way to bring fun conversations, this conversation starter allows people to share stories and recipes they’ve created or inherited from their families.
19. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
This conversation starter allows people to share their dream destinations and why they want to visit that place.
20. What animals do you think should be protected and why?
This conversation starter allows people to share their passion for protecting endangered species, and why. It inspires conversations about the importance of conservation and animal rights.