Introduction: Deep text conversations are a great way to build a connection with someone and allow for an opportunity to explore and share meaningful topics. Here are 20 ideas of conversation starters that can help you cultivate a deeper and more engaging conversation.
1. What values do you like to live by? Short explanation: This is a great opener, as people’s personal values typically matter deeply to them and can provide insight into the kind of person they are.
2. What would you do if you didn’t have any limits? Short explanation: This encourages the person to think outside the box and explore the possibilities, which can be a fun mental exercise.
3. How would you describe yourself in three words? Short explanation: This is a fun question to help the person really tap into their self-identity and what matters to them about themselves.
4. What would you bring with you if you could travel anywhere? Short explanation: It can be interesting to see what the person is drawn to and see the type of experience they would want to have in the places they visit.
5. What is something that has changed about you in the last five years? Short explanation: Everyone changes over time and this conversation starter can spark a deeper conversation about personal growth and how it has shaped the person’s mindset.
6. What questions would you like to be asked? Short explanation: This one challenges the person to think more deeply about what they would like to discuss and how they would like to be perceived.
7. If you could start a business, what would it be? Short explanation: This conversation starter is ideal for creative people who are looking to think outside the box and come up with unique ideas.
8. What do you think has been the most difficult life lesson you have learned? Short explanation: This question can provide insight into the person’s struggles, as well as their perspective on overcoming challenges.
9. How has your view of the world changed in the last few years? Short explanation: This prompts the person to think about their outlook and identifies any changes in the way the world looks to them.
10. What have you learned from your mistakes? Short explanation: Everyone makes mistakes, so this is a great opportunity for the person to reflect on their own experiences and look for any lessons learned in the process.
11. How do you define success? Short explanation: Like values, success can mean different things to each person, so this conversation starter can reveal some of the person’s deeper beliefs and aspirations.
12. What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? Short explanation: Reflecting on a legacy can make the person think more deeply about the impact they want to make and how they want to be remembered.
13. What facets of life do you believe are necessary for achieving true happiness? Short explanation: This discussion starter encourages people to think carefully about what it is that truly makes them happy and satisfied.
14. What would you tell your younger self if you could go back in time? Short explanation: It can be cathartic for people to think about the advice they would have shared with their former selves if they had the chance.
15. What have you learned from your experiences with failure? Short explanation: People can gain insight from failures, so this is an ideal conversation starter to get people to think about the silver linings in difficult situations.
16. What role do your relationships have on your success? Short explanation: This deeper inquiry can help show how the person’s relationships can have an impact on the goals they want to achieve.
17. What would you like to be remembered for? Short explanation: This question can reveal the person’s aspirations and how they want to be remembered after they are gone.
18. If you could signify your life purpose with one sentence, what would it be? Short explanation: While it might be difficult to answer, this conversation starter can help the person focus on their passions and think more deeply about what they hope to accomplish.
19. How do you consider yourself to be growing and evolving more? Short explanation: This question encourages the person to think more deeply about how personal growth is impacting their life.
20. What motivates you to keep going? Short explanation: Finishing off on a lighter note, this inquiry can show what encourages and drives the person, which can be enlightening.