Intro: Starting a deep conversation with your boyfriend can be both exhilarating and nerve-wracking. The right conversation starters will help create a bond that allows you to have a meaningful conversation, allowing you to get to know one another better. Here are 20 conversation starters to get the conversation going.
1. If you had to pick one thing that you believe is the most important in life, what would it be and why? – This question will help you to gain perspective on how your boyfriend views life, and his answer can open up a deeper conversation about his values and beliefs.
2. What experience has been the most meaningful for you in your life and why? – This question can spark a meaningful conversation about something your boyfriend values and holds close to him.
3. What issue do you feel most passionately about (environmentalism, poverty, etc)? – Getting your boyfriend to talk about a cause they strongly believe in can make for a great conversation that provides insights into their beliefs and values.
4. What do you feel makes a relationship really work? – This question helps bring out the individual’s beliefs on relationships, and can get them talking about the kind of relationships they value.
5. If you could have anything you wanted, what would it be? – This is a great conversation starter that gets your boyfriend thinking about the kind of things he values and what his deepest desires are.
6. What is the most important thing in a friendship for you? – Great conversations are built around mutual understanding and this question helps to explore the dreams, expectations, and values that your boyfriend holds when it comes to friendship.
7. What does success mean to you? – A great conversation starter for those deep talks about life, this can give you a glimpse into how your boyfriend defines success and his plans to get there.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? – Everyone loves to daydream and this question gives your boyfriend a chance to share some of his dreams.
9. What is one thing in your life that you would change if you could? – This is a great conversation starter that can lead to some great conversations about dreams and aspirations.
10. What do you consider the most important trait a partner should have? – Through this conversation, you can look into your boyfriend’s thoughts on marriage, genders roles, and the value they place on traits, such as loyalty and honesty.
11. How do you view religion and spirituality? – A great conversation starter that can help you learn more about your boyfriend’s beliefs, values, and thoughts on religion and spirituality.
12. Is there something from your past that you wish you had changed? – This is a great way to open up a conversation about regrets and how you learn from your mistakes.
13. Where do you think people derive the most happiness from? – Exploring how your boyfriend views and defines happiness can help you gain insights into the kind of life he desires.
14. How do you view life? – A great conversation starter that helps you get to know your boyfriend’s views on life, death, and everything in between.
15. How would you describe your sense of humor? – Humor is such an important part of relationships and getting to know your partner’s sense of humor can make for some great conversations.
16. What kind of legacy do you want to leave? – A great conversation starter that helps you get to know your boyfriend’s hopes and dreams, and can lead to a conversation about life after death.
17. What accomplishment are you most proud of? – A great conversation starter that can help you to get to know your boyfriend on a deeper level and learn what he values.
18. What are your hopes for the future? – Use this question to explore
your boyfriend’s dreams and aspirations for the future, and help him to recognize the steps he needs to take to get there.
19. What do you think makes for a great relationship? – This is a great conversation starter that can lead to some meaningful conversations about loyalty and friendship.
20. What words of encouragement do you say to yourself when times get tough? – A great way to open up a conversation about the trials and tribulations of life and how to get through them.