Introduction: Conversation starters are key when it comes to making a connection with someone and starting a meaningful conversation. Here are 20 conversation starters to help you out on a first date and make a great impression.
1. What do you usually do in your free time? This is a great question to ask to let the other person talk about their interests and hobbies.
2. What did you want to be when you were little? This question can spark a fun conversation about childhood dreams and ambitions.
3. How would your closest friends or family describe you? This question can give some insight into how the other person views themselves and what they take pride in.
4. If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would it be? This question allows the other person to open up about what they like and where they would choose to go.
5. What’s your favorite film or TV series? This is a great way to find out more about the other person’s taste in entertainment and engage in a meaningful conversation.
6. If you could use only three words to describe yourself, what would they be? This is a great question to ask the person which might give a better insight into their character.
7. What do you think about when you’re alone? This is a great question to see if the other person has deep and meaningful thoughts or just sticks to the mundane.
8. What are you passionate about? This question will allow you to learn more about what drives the other person and what matters to them.
9. What’s the best thing that happened to you this week? This is a nice way to get the other person to talk about a positive experience they had recently.
10. If you could have any superpower, which would you choose? This fun question can spark lighthearted conversation and help break the ice.
11. How would you describe your ideal weekend? This is a great way to get to know the other person and what they like to do in their free time.
12. What are some of the values that you live by? This can help you understand what the other person values and finds important in life.
13. What’s one thing you would like to change about yourself? This can be a nice way to get the other person to open up about something that’s important to them and somethingthey think they’re lacking.
14. What do you think differentiates you from other people? This can be a nice way to learn more about the person’s individual traits and gifts.
15. What are some of the most meaningful moments of your life? This is a great way to explore an important part of the other person’s life.
16. What would you do if you could have the perfect day? This is a great way to get the other person to talk about what they would enjoy doing and what they would like to achieve in their free time.
17. What do you think you can bring that’s unique to a relationship? This is a great way to learn more about the other person and what they can offer to a relationship.
18. What kind of adventures have you gone on recently? This question can help the other person to share fun stories of adventure and exploration.
19. If you could return to any period of history and experience it firsthand, when and where would you go? This is a great question to get the other person thinking and sharing about things they find interesting.
20. What’s the best advice someone has ever given you? This can help the other person open up about important life advice they have received and how it has impacted their life.