Introduction: Are you looking to have a deeper conversation with someone? Here are some conversation starters that can help you to truly get to know someone beyond the surface level.
1. What are the values that you live your life by? – Getting to know someone’s values can help in understanding how they make their decisions and why.
2. If you had one superpower, what would it be and why? – This conversation starter can reveal what kind of capabilities they think they’d need to help the world.
3. What qualities do you admire in others? – Knowing what qualities they find admirable can show a lot about the kind of person they look up to, and also respect.
4. What are the experiences that have most shaped who you are today? – Understanding the major events in someone’s life can help paint a realistic picture of who they really are.
5. What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind? – Knowing someone’s goals for legacy can show how their goals are directed towards their long-term future.
6. What do you feel like you have achieved in your life so far? – Discovering what someone has already accomplished can reveal what their passions and goals are in life.
7. Is religion an important part of your life? – Knowing someone’s religious views can help in understanding the kinds of ethical perspectives they have.
8. How have you dealt with challenges in life? – Discovering the strategies they have used to overcome difficulties can tell a lot about their problem-solving skills.
9. What do you think are the most important traits to possess in life? – Knowing what kind of characteristics they think should be developed can show what kind of lifestyles and values they believe in strongly.
10. What are the activities that you like to do for fun? – Learning about someone’s hobbies and interests can show what kind of energy they enjoy pouring into their leisure time.
11. What do you think are the keys to success? – Exploring someone’s views on the qualities or actions that can lead to success can show what kind of mindset they have for goal achievement.
12. What was the best decision you ever made? – Discovering their personal reflection on the best decision they have ever made can lead to some great conversations.
13. What do you think are the biggest personal growth opportunities in life? – Finding out what kind of development activities they think can help take life to a higher level can show what they prioritize.
14. What are the moments that have been most important to you in life? – Recognizing the moments that have had the most significant impact on them can help understand what they appreciate and think is important in life.
15. What are the situations that have made you the most proud of yourself? – Knowing what kind of tasks or situations they have been proud of themselves for completing can help understand their capabilities and skills.
16. How would your friends describe you? – Finding out what kind of personality traits their friends recognize can also tell a lot about who they are as a person.
17. What is your vision for life in the future? – Knowing what kind of goals they aspire for their future can show what kind of ambitions they have and how big their dreams are.
18. Who has been the most influential person in your life? – Finding out who has been the most inspirational figure in their life can show a lot about what kind of person and leader they admire.
19. What do you think makes life meaningful? – Discovering what kind of activities bring them the most fulfillment can show a lot about what they prioritize most in life.
20. What sorts of risks have you taken in life and have they paid off? – Understanding the risks they have taken and whether or not they have paid off can tell a lot about their values, decision-making skills, and willingness to take risks.