Introducing deep conversation starters about life can help to create meaningful connections with those around us and build a supportive network of friends. Here are some ideas:
1. What are you most grateful for in life?
This is a great way to open up the conversation, by asking someone to identify the areas of their life for which they feel the most thankful for.
2. Do you believe in life after death?
A conversation-inspiring question to discuss one’s spiritual beliefs and opinions on the afterlife.
3. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing us today?
A thought-provoking question to discuss current world issues, helping to stimulate a debate or discussion.
4. What is one thing you regret in life?
A reflective question to prompt an honest conversation about mistakes that have been made and lessons that have been learned.
5. What strengths have you developed over the years?
A valuable question to discuss the areas of personal growth, and how we can work to develop ourselves further.
6. What values do you strive to live by?
A meaningful question to discover what principles are important to someone and how they are aiming to make their lives meaningful.
7. How has failure helped you grow?
A helpful question to discuss tough experiences and how they can be used as opportunities to learn and develop.
8. What has been the most rewarding experience in your life?
A great way to start a conversation by celebrating the enjoyable moments in life.
9. What do you think is the most important lesson to learn in life?
A fascinating topic to talk about that encourages one to think about the most important values or traits in life.
10. How can we find happiness in life?
A meaningful question to discuss the source of true joy and wellbeing.
11. What do you think is the biggest challenge facing us in the future?
A thought-provoking question to discuss long-term struggles and suggest possible solutions for society.
12. What do you believe is your life’s purpose?
A great way to ask someone to assess what their ambitions are, and what values they want to uphold.
13. What do you think of the saying ‘Live and let live’?
A poignant question to discuss how we should respect the choices that others make and learn to co-exist.
14. How do you think knowledge makes life more meaningful?
A stimulating discussion topic that encourages one to think about the importance of learning in life.
15. How has your outlook on life changed over the years?
A great way to track personal development with someone and assess how experiences have molded their beliefs and opinion.
16. What have you learn from other people in life?
A great question to discuss the importance of making connections and learning from those around us.
17. What’s your definition of success?
A question to consider what success means to someone and the route they have taken to get there.
18. What is the most difficult personal decision you have ever made?
A powerful conversation starter to unpick an emotionally charged experience in someone’s life.
19. What have you learned from your greatest personal challenge?
This helps to find personal growth from an ordeal and discuss the positive aspects that can result.
20. What do you think makes life worth living?
A meaningful discussion topic to appreciate life and the loved ones around us who make it more enjoyable.