Winter is one of the most romantic times of the year. Not only do we have special occasions like Christmas, but there are festive activities that lend the perfect backdrop for a romantic night out. Here are 20 creative date ideas to make the most of your winter.
1. Ice Skating: Whether you’re a master or a first-timer, ice skating can be a fun and playful way to spend some quality time together.
2. Winter Picnic: Pack a blanket and a basket of winter treats and head to a park or beach nearby for an intimate picnic under the stars.
3. Blanket Fort Movie Date: Create a romantic atmosphere in the comfort of your own home by setting up a blanket fort with pillows, snacks and a movie.
4. Hot Cocoa & Christmas Lights Stroll: Take a leisurely evening stroll to check out the Christmas lights, then warm up with a pair of hot cocoas.
5. Build A Snowman: Get creative and build unique snowmen together while having a snowball fight.
6. Go sledding: Pick up a sled and head to a nearby hill to have some fun!
7. Holiday Baking & Decorating: Put on your favorite holiday songs and bake up some delicious sweets for the holiday season.
8. Tree Lighting Ceremony/Parade: Gather with others to cheer on and watch the magical night full of lights and music.
9. Christmas Themed Bar Crawl: Visit several bars around town to sample holiday-themed beverages and snacks.
10. Holiday Shopping Trip: Go holiday shopping together for the special people in your life.
11. Apres Skiing: Enjoy a cozy afternoon snuggled up on the sofa, sipping hot chocolate after a chilly day of skiing.
12. Ice Fishing: Try your hand at ice fishing as you bundle up together to brave the cold.
13. Holiday Movie Marathon: Pick out some holiday favorites to curl up and watch together.
14. Take a Holiday Cooking Class: Learn how to make a special holiday meal together.
15. Christmas Caroling: Gather a group of friends and go caroling door-to-door or sing along at a local pub.
16. Go Stargazing: Bundle up and take a romantic night walk to look at all the stars in the sky.
17. Hot Tub Cuddling: Soak in the hot tub and drink some hot cocoa while you cuddle.
18. Indoor Mini-Golf: If the weather isn’t cooperating, you can still have a fun round of mini-golf inside.
19. Attend a Holiday Festival: From ice sculptures to festive holiday markets, enjoy the sights and smells of the season.
20. Build a Campfire: Collect firewood and build a campfire, then roast marshmallows and tell spooky stories.